chain skips when pedaling backwards?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bontie

by bontie

Yes spinning freely. At least one wheel as a freewheel body replaced 5 months ago - pre winter (and unused for 2 months)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Of course dont pedal backwards. Check all the above. If nothing is amiss dont worry about it. Got it kne one new bike in the 11t cog but none of the others. Nothing is amiss and eveything is new so i will not worry.

bontie

by bontie

Fiddling with lower limit screw seems to have solved bike#1

Thanks for all the comments

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

It could be that The chain is being picked up by the chain ring shifting pins when chain is not on center sprocket. Nothing you can really do if you use same chainrings. Perhaps switch chainrings with different pickup pins or fewer pins

athletic91

by athletic91

to give a update to this old thread, i too had a similar issue

the issue is that the fd angle needs to be asjusted outwards, ie the front of the cage is nearer to the big ring and the rear the the cage is nearer to the seattube

PrimO

by PrimO

I had the same problem and it turned out that the chain was one link too long. Removed a link and it was 100% afterwards. (shimano chain)

ms6073

by ms6073

I know the bulk of this is an old thread, but I have also experienced this issue with Scott Solace/Contessa Solace which have a BB86 bottom bracket sheels. Our bikes have wheelsets laced with DT Swiss 240S straightpull centerlock hubs and what I found was that depending on the bottom bracket used, the chainline was displaced outwards a tad, thus adding a .5 mm cassette spacer/shim behind the Shimano Ultegra cassette corrects the chainline sufficiently to eliminate the issue.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"