New dura-ace R9100

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ms6073

by ms6073

ODC wrote:Are the older chainrings compatible with the new groupset?

Yes. My wife and I have been running SRM Shimano 9000 powermeters with the 9150 derailleurs since they became available in the US with no change in shifting performance regardless of whether using syncrho or semi-synchro shift modes.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ODC

by ODC

ms6073 wrote:

Yes. My wife and I have been running SRM Shimano 9000 powermeters with the 9150 derailleurs since they became available in the US with no change in shifting performance regardless of whether using syncrho or semi-synchro shift modes.

Thank you for letting me know that makes me feel comfortable

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

ms6073 wrote:

How are you finding the 9150 RD? I have heard some reports that say it's a bit more finicky than was the 9070 RD as far as wheel removal, despite an improvement in that touted as one of the benefits of the new shadow design. How does it shift - any noticeable improvement over the 9070?

MoreRideTime

by MoreRideTime

@BdaGhisallo,

I went from 9070 to R9150 on my F8. I find no difference in being able to get the rear wheels in/out. As far as shifting, I can't see a difference there. The R9150 will officially support up to a 30T cassette though. I haven't had the need to put one of those on yet.

ms6073

by ms6073

BdaGhisallo wrote:How are you finding the 9150 RD?

Upon initial install using same technique as with a 9070 rear derailleur were the B-Tension stop was against the notch on the derailleur hanger, made for a bit of difficulty when removing/installing the rear wheel. I searched the forum and found a a post (may be this thread) where another forum member faced similar issues and used the same setup as Team Sky in which they re-position the derailleur so that the stop is further to the rear, giving more clearance for the derailleur cage to clear the cassette. I am using synchro-shift and shifting is good, although I tend change back to semi-synchro mode when riding in rolling terrain as I don't want the system to change from large to small front ring if I need the largest rear cog for the last few meters of a hill with a kicker at the top.

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

MoreRideTime wrote:@BdaGhisallo,

I went from 9070 to R9150 on my F8. I find no difference in being able to get the rear wheels in/out. As far as shifting, I can't see a difference there. The R9150 will officially support up to a 30T cassette though. I haven't had the need to put one of those on yet.

Thank you.

TonyM

by TonyM

ms6073 wrote:

Which bike is it? Tarmac disc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ms6073

by ms6073

Sorry, not my bike, simply posted an image from an article about a pro bike.
- Michael

lovemyway

by lovemyway

This is Sagan WC S-Works Venge ViAS Disc, more pictures e.g. here: http://road.cc/content/tech-news/215979 ... 0-groupset ; it was one of the first bikes that were equipped with the R9170 for the magazines to test.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Hi everyone,
I wanted to install the DA 9100 FD on my frame, but noticed that the necessary cable stop, above the BB area where the cable leaves the frame, was missing.
Does anybody know if can run full length cable housing through the frame right into the FD?

Merc86

by Merc86

eins4eins wrote:Hi everyone,
I wanted to install the DA 9100 FD on my frame, but noticed that the necessary cable stop, above the BB area where the cable leaves the frame, was missing.
Does anybody know if can run full length cable housing through the frame right into the FD?
Yes, you can [emoji1].

The FD has a built in cablestop. At least my Ultegra R8000 has, which should be the same build as the DA.

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

eins4eins

by eins4eins

awesome, thanks for info.

lovemyway

by lovemyway

So, as some of you might know my LBS have stripped the head of the bleeding screw on the right ST-R9170 shifter. I couldn't really get a replacement, because the part is not available yet and the only thing that could potentially work is getting the screw out of another lever.

"Luckily" for me, however, it turned out my right shifter is broke anyway and the whole system is impossible to bleed (something related to the pressure in the reservoir I guess). Shimano rep here is very well aware of the issue (I'm not the first one to experience it) and we're waiting (both me and him) for the delivery of the new batch of right shifters. Strangely, nobody has reported any issues with the left lever.

This whole wait thing is going to kill me, I've been waiting for almost every part that comes on my bike (sometimes few months); I might end up getting my bike built up by the end of the season, but it will probably stay inside until the new season begins.

ooo

by ooo

I had problem with a pair of non-dura-ace hydro sti/caliper (not sure if it was problem with sti or caliper):
first lever/caliper was ok - I can bleed it from top and bottom
second lever/caliper was not ok - after syringe was disconnected fluids stayed still in hose instead of going out from caliper
(gravity of fluids was not enough to unlock something in sti or caliper?)

But, I was able to bleed it using high volume syringe. First step was sending quadruple amount of fluids from bottom to top,
second step - receiving fluids back down using negative pressure from syringe (instead of gravity).
So, it was just two long bleeding steps with extra fluids volume, instead of small bleeding steps with normal volumes;
it moved most of bubbles and result was as good as second lever after normal bleeding.

Now, back to your problem. Can you tell us what was initial configuration of STI when you received it?
Was STI connected to hose or not? What was on other side of hose - caliper or JKIT connector? Empty hose or hose with fluids?
if it is construction problem - it should affect everyone, but if it is factory shipping setup problem - it may result in problems after certain conditions.
(for example: Under normal operations you should be able to unscrew bleeding screw in any situation, BUT after initial factory setup first time unscrewing it must be performed with certain conditions - hose disconnected or something like that; shimano can remove "certain conditions requirements" in next batch by readjusting final steps in factory line)
Last edited by ooo on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'

rebem

by rebem

Interesting, my left shifter has a reservoir cap that is incredibly hard to get back in. I'm sure I've come close to stripping it and the bleed isn't nearly as good as the right shifter. So the opposite lever problem I guess.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com