New dura-ace R9100

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wingguy

by wingguy

Not sure what they'll be realeasing first, OE or consumer, but in most of our new 2017 dealer manuals any DA bikes are marked as 'early 2017' release.

(As in the calendar year not the model year :wink: )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nemeseri

by nemeseri

TheDarkInstall wrote:The main guy at the local shop here in Japan told me the mechanical was originally set for October, but is now looking like November, with Di2 also being pushed back.

Well... as I mentioned before in the thread, at lordgunbikes, it's in stock in certain sizes already (or at least seems to be). A few european online stores take pre-orders and if you check instagram you can see people posting images of the boxed groupsets. On Eurobike there were many bikes equipped with the R9100. So I think it's already here.

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

A few shops here in Denmark have the mechanical 9100 group in stock. But at the 9100 prices advertised, 9070 Di2 seems like the smarter buy right now.

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

A little off topic but I'm going to throw in a plug for Lordgun. Their prices for US buyers are often eye-poppingly good. Their selection isn't as good as Wiggle, PBK, etc but if they have it, the prices are likely to be extremely good. Shipment to the US is very fast and I've never had a problem.

pantani83

by pantani83

If anyone is interested in Shimano power meter price: in Europe prices in internet shops price should go below 1000€ for crankset without: chainrings & BB.

best

nemeseri

by nemeseri

eaglejackson wrote:A little off topic but I'm going to throw in a plug for Lordgun. Their prices for US buyers are often eye-poppingly good. Their selection isn't as good as Wiggle, PBK, etc but if they have it, the prices are likely to be extremely good. Shipment to the US is very fast and I've never had a problem.

Same experience here. One note though: they don't have free shipping so I recommend to wait and bunch things together. They very fast became one of my favorite shops.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Have all these shops actually got it in stock though, or are they just listing it with an 'available in 2 months' or whatever caveat attached?

Has anyone actually had their hands on this stuff in a shop, in the shimano product boxes?

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

nemeseri wrote:Same experience here. One note though: they don't have free shipping so I recommend to wait and bunch things together. They very fast became one of my favorite shops.

Thanks for mentioning that; I should have. Shipping from Lordgun is not free so you need to factor in shipping to see just how much you'll save. Shipment is fast, shockingly so sometimes, considering it's coming from Italy. I've ordered on Monday and received the package by Friday.

I've bought gruppos from them, Shimano C24 wheels, Catlike helmets, Sidi shoes, carbon handlebars, replacement parts like derailleurs and shifters, and so on - it's a long list. Check out their prices, for example, on Sidi shoes vs what you pay from a US shop. Impressive savings.

Darceking

by Darceking

Has anyone purchased the R9100 from Lordgun ?

ooo

by ooo

Ritxis wrote:at the moment much silence on the new Di2, little has been seen.........EW-111, new juction for handlebar, JC130 and some more
Shimano is very quiet

Picture of Y-cable EW-JC130 :

Still no picture of SW-R9150 .
'

nemeseri

by nemeseri

FYI starbike shows a 1-3 shipping date for the R9100 groupset now.

Attachments
Screen-Shot-2016-09-21-at-11.55.36-AM.jpg

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

TheDarkInstall wrote:Have all these shops actually got it in stock though, or are they just listing it with an 'available in 2 months' or whatever caveat attached?

Has anyone actually had their hands on this stuff in a shop, in the shimano product boxes?

Looks like there is some around. I have seen 1 build with it so far. Not sure what stock levels are like here, I haven't called.

Dez33

by Dez33

Got to love the local marketing "game changing"

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

If I never have to hear that phrase again I will be happy. At this point the game isn't going to be changed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Alright, so it is about to ship. Nice!

Haha, yeah 'Game Changing', 'Game Changer', and any other variation of that is so cringe. Just the latest in an infinitely long line of fashionable things to say, such as 'killed it / killing it', etc. Anyone saying or writing that in earnest needs ignoring.