New dura-ace R9100

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Pro Shimano

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

totalcompactroad

by totalcompactroad

DartanianX wrote:Pro Shimano

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cheers, didn't realised they made an oversized version. looks good

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jwfinesse

by jwfinesse

idinfo68 wrote:Little question : How to switch from Synchronized Shift mode to Semi-Synchronized Shift mode while riding? :?:

Thx... :)

By double clicking the junction box button. It cycles through synchro->semi-synchro ->manual.

jeffy

by jeffy

having a hex bolt/expanding compression plug design would have ben a good idea.
at least considering that it is attached by wire that if it comes out you're not going to lose it.

idinfo68

by idinfo68

jwfinesse wrote:
idinfo68 wrote:Little question : How to switch from Synchronized Shift mode to Semi-Synchronized Shift mode while riding? :?:

Thx... :)

By double clicking the junction box button. It cycles through synchro->semi-synchro ->manual.

Thanks a lot...
www.baron-noir.com

Specialized Aethos SUB5
Specialized Tarmac SL8 - 5.35 kgs
Specialized Tarmac SL6 - 5.16 kgs
Scott SPARK RC 900 SL SUB 8
Specialized Epic HT - 6.18 kgs

petal666

by petal666

Pic of the front of the bike, attached as a file as I can't be stuffed hosting it somewhere.
Attachments
2017-02-05_Resize.jpg

Brus

by Brus

i would like to know how hide the di2 cable from stem and steerer into frame

Broady

by Broady

Drilled bars and steerer? I've seen it done that way before. Don't think I could bring myself to drill a steerer though.

Last edited by Broady on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

toiyuet

by toiyuet

Last edited by toiyuet on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Christono

by Christono

petal666 wrote:Pic of the front of the bike, attached as a file as I can't be stuffed hosting it somewhere.

What's his instagram please?

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Broady wrote:Drilled bars and steerer? I've seen it done that way before. Don't think I could bring myself to drill a steerer though.

:shock:

tilf

by tilf

Is the SW-R9150 (new climbing shifter) only compatible with the dual control shifters? I seem to remember something about them being able to plug directly into a junction but cannot find it anymore. I'd like to get something a little more elegant than the old SW-R600 shifter.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Now that I have had a week on them, I am really enjoying the ergonomics of the 9150 lever hoods. The knob portion is meatier on the 9150 and measures about 1.5cm greater in circumference than the 9070 hoods. And the enhanced clickiness of the shift buttons is simply fantastic. There is no doubt about when a shift has happened. Why couldn't they have done this with the 9070 levers I wonder.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Agreed... I got to at least "feel" the new 9150 levers last night. These are the nicest feeling Shimano levers I've ever felt. And yes, the "click" is way more distinct than it used to be. I just find it kind of funny that now that they've gone electric, they're doing everything they can to mimick the tactile "feel" of a mechanical system.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

strangely

by strangely

jeffy wrote:
strangely wrote:Image

@strangely - how much overlap did you have on the 1.8 lizard skins? Junction box looks much neater than i expected. I thought bar tape couldn't be 'tucked in' like normally done with an end-plug - but it *looks* like yours is.??

There is probably like 1/4 to 3/8th of an inch overlap on the inside and it fits in just like a regular bar end. I will likely use the Shimano ones the next time I re-wrap in a couple of weeks... when I fit my 9150 levers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com