New dura-ace R9100

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jeffy

by jeffy

i am sure judges would be very sympathetic to your case; "clearly the poor man has suffered with his shiny front mech cage!".
Lawyers would love you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

syplam wrote:
BdaGhisallo wrote:
Ltoddokc wrote:Where are you seeing a black model? I looked on the shimano website and it looks to me that the renders all show a regular metal cage, the second image looks like it has an added rendered reflection.

When 9070 was newly on the market, there were quite a few renderings that made it out there showing slightly different looking components. There was only one version of each component that was sold and the renderings only served to confuse things.

Someone should sue them for misrep, anyhow i am going to order a 9100 for my altum !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm slowing getting the upgrade parts for my Altum. 9150 Di2. lots of places are getting top dollar and not much discount yet. 10% or so. a part here and there...probably another month or so. i'm in no hurry.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

kode54 wrote:i'm slowing getting the upgrade parts for my Altum. 9150 Di2. lots of places are getting top dollar and not much discount yet. 10% or so. a part here and there...probably another month or so. i'm in no hurry.

Ribble has the parts much cheaper than anywhere else I found

kode54

by kode54

thx for the tip. i've been sourcing a few parts from performancebike.com

they are discounting more than others in the US.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

Anyone using the new 9150 front mech and finding the e-tube wire feeds into the path of their rear wheel? I've had to feed the e-tube wire over the top of the mech hanger to stop it catching the wheel (on two bikes). And I'm using the little cable guide/extension to feed the cable into the mech.

Wondered if it was just me....
Twitter: @FormerTTchamp https://twitter.com/FormerTTchamp

Tristan

by Tristan

Pokerface07 wrote:Anyone using the new 9150 front mech and finding the e-tube wire feeds into the path of their rear wheel? I've had to feed the e-tube wire over the top of the mech hanger to stop it catching the wheel (on two bikes). And I'm using the little cable guide/extension to feed the cable into the mech.

My Cannondale has the same issue...the wire exits just behind the BB and gets very close to the tire. I was going to apply a dab of hot-glue to stick it to the seattube.

Problem:

Super high-tech solution:
Last edited by Tristan on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wheelworks.co.nz
New Zealand handbuilt wheels

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Pokerface07 wrote:Anyone using the new 9150 front mech and finding the e-tube wire feeds into the path of their rear wheel? I've had to feed the e-tube wire over the top of the mech hanger to stop it catching the wheel (on two bikes). And I'm using the little cable guide/extension to feed the cable into the mech.

mine [pina F8] sits up nicely against the seat tube, no concerns here. At first stuck to the frame with black Sugru but then needed to change cables and didn't need it second time around...........

SM
BB

Coffee & carbon

MoreRideTime

by MoreRideTime

@Pokerface Shimano do make a kit for external mounting of the DI2 wires. You get a bunch of adhesive pieces with a channel in the middle for the wire. A small piece over the wire in this location would fix the issue right up for you.

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Did everyone else notice that the Garmin beeps when you hit your lowest or highest gear? (i.e. 1 or 11).

I don't have Synchro Shift set up on my bike, but I did notice a little beep each time I hit min or max gear. Not too sure how useful that is....?!

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Yes. Noticed that. May be handy occasionally when you don't know you've run out of gears. I'm thinking of a steep climb. But I've also got the varia radar, so I might interpret that as a false positive. Lol. Too many beeps......

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

Tristan wrote:My Cannondale has the same issue...the wire exits just behind the BB and gets very close to the tire.

Problem:

That looks like you ran the wuire through the exit point for the mechanical derailleur cable, as the Di2 cable port is usually higher up the seat tube and most often, directly beneath the mount for the front derailleur..
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

bipedzed

by bipedzed

ms6073 wrote:
Tristan wrote:My Cannondale has the same issue...the wire exits just behind the BB and gets very close to the tire.

Problem:

That looks like you ran the wuire through the exit point for the mechanical derailleur cable, as the Di2 cable port is usually higher up the seat tube and most often, directly beneath the mount for the front derailleur..

On the newer Supersix Evo frames the mechanical and Di2 front derailleur port is the same. If you correctly seat the Di2 grommet the E-TUBE will run closer to the seat tube. From the picture it looks like your grommet isn't secured to the frame port.

Tristan

by Tristan

bipedzed wrote:
ms6073 wrote:

Problem:

On the newer Supersix Evo frames the mechanical and Di2 front derailleur port is the same. If you correctly seat the Di2 grommet the E-TUBE will run closer to the seat tube. From the picture it looks like your grommet isn't secured to the frame port.

No amount of fiddling with the grommet helps: with use the wire moves and I don't think gluing the grommet would help. A dab of hot-glue on the seat tube is all that's needed I think as the electrical tape does a great job
Wheelworks.co.nz
New Zealand handbuilt wheels

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Sugru........

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Tristan wrote:No amount of fiddling with the grommet helps

I am guessing that is because the grommet in the images is an oval grommet typically used for downtube cable entry which will not fit in a round derailleur hole.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"