New dura-ace R9100

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

coppercook62

by coppercook62

no i don't think they released it yet or I couldn't figure it out

monsieurpinot

by monsieurpinot

took a windows laptop today to connect through the battery charger (SM-BCR2) with the windows e-tube software. This worked out and had the possibility to update the SM-BCR2 itself and the other necessary components. All checks passed well. But, still no bluetooth connection to the ipad (with e-tube app). I almost think there's something wrong with my d-fly. does someone know if it has a combined chip for Ant+ and Bluetooth? (for Ant+ is working well). Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ritxis

by Ritxis

monsieurpinot wrote:took a windows laptop today to connect through the battery charger (SM-BCR2) with the windows e-tube software. This worked out and had the possibility to update the SM-BCR2 itself and the other necessary components. All checks passed well. But, still no bluetooth connection to the ipad (with e-tube app). I almost think there's something wrong with my d-fly. does someone know if it has a combined chip for Ant+ and Bluetooth? (for Ant+ is working well). Thanks.

neccesary new internal battery or external mount battery and new d-fly or Xt di2 display/new xtr di2 display

http://bike.shimano.com/content/sac-bik ... 865916.jpg

http://bike.shimano.com/content/sac-bik ... ality.html

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Can you double check that you have WU (new d-fly) not EWW (old d-fly) unit?
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

monsieurpinot

by monsieurpinot

TurboKoo wrote:Can you double check that you have WU (new d-fly) not EWW (old d-fly) unit?

:wink:

jorisee01

by jorisee01

monsieurpinot wrote:
TurboKoo wrote:Can you double check that you have WU (new d-fly) not EWW (old d-fly) unit?

:wink:

Cool! Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

The EW-WU101 is not an elegant solution It's like owning a current gen Garmin Edge and going back to zip ties and speed/cadence sensors hanging off the bike. I'll stick to my existing junction boxes/battery and hope there's not a bunch of firmware updates when the new Dura Ace Di2 derailleurs/shifters make way. Besides, you really only need to hook it up to a PC once, program it and be on your way. Shame Shimano can't manage to get a Mac compatible eTube app in order. It's not like there aren't hundreds of Apple Stores worldwide and thousands of Mac users using Di2... :roll:
carbonLORD.com

coppercook62

by coppercook62

i put my ew-wu101 in seat tube never had a problem with it not reading data

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

So put it in the seat tube like most other people do.... Out of sight out of mind.
Using Tapatalk

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Nefarious86 wrote:So put it in the seat tube like most other people do.... Out of sight out of mind.

I read a few threads about it not working so well that way. I guess we'll have to wait and see (waiting for derailleurs and shifters). I have a new Canyon Aeroad and do not want to install the battery (mounts in the downtube) to have to take the cranks off to dislodge it for another direct connect firmware update.
carbonLORD.com

Benno

by Benno

I have the old d-fly and it doesn't work from my seat post. Very sporadic and would drop out all the time. Moved it to inside my stem.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

carbonLORD wrote:The EW-WU101 is not an elegant solution It's like owning a current gen Garmin Edge and going back to zip ties and speed/cadence sensors hanging off the bike. I'll stick to my existing junction boxes/battery and hope there's not a bunch of firmware updates when the new Dura Ace Di2 derailleurs/shifters make way. Besides, you really only need to hook it up to a PC once, program it and be on your way. Shame Shimano can't manage to get a Mac compatible eTube app in order. It's not like there aren't hundreds of Apple Stores worldwide and thousands of Mac users using Di2... :roll:

Maybe still not prepared for road groupset.........and to be functional with the Xt and Xtr Di2, junction EW67 no compatible

coming soon ew-wu111.......more discreet
shimano_ew-wu111_ANT_BLE_wireless_unit.jpg

Teletori

by Teletori

For us that plan to use syncroshift on 6870 and 9070.

Does the beep before shifting FD come from derailleurs, shifters, battery or the new wu101?

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Teletori wrote:For us that plan to use syncroshift on 6870 and 9070.

Does the beep before shifting FD come from derailleurs, shifters, battery or the new wu101?

I have XTR Di2 and the beep comes from the Junction box (when at the gears limits) but I turned it off since I run a 1x11 set-up on there and it has a digital display already letting me know what gear it is in.

FWIW you can use the MTB junction box on a road group set and the new XT Di2 junction box has BlueTooth enabled.
carbonLORD.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petal666

by petal666

Does anyone know what the new D-fly offer that is required for Syncro shift?