New dura-ace R9100

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

lowside67 wrote:
newforker wrote:Lots of online places are clearing out 9000...maybe soon?

I would not place too much emphasis on this... They are about the same pricing at the UK shops that they have been for a year or more...

Mark

idk. getting killed on ebay on DA stuff. prices are coming down precipitously (anecdotally ofc)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Its well into pre-production prototyping stage by.

We will see it or at least the final prototypes by Tour de France.

As with the previous 3 generations of Dura-Ace, we should expect an October availability in limited quantities.

GT56

by GT56

it used to be pre-production prototyping seen at pro races in spring, then final production on bike of teams under contract with shimano at the tour, available in the market autumn/winter

so don't hold your breath for 2016

jeffy

by jeffy

thank god, thought i was going to suffocate for a moment.

spartan

by spartan

shimano has a large amount to unsold 9000 to clear out.
last year there were about 250000 unsold bikes carried forward to 2016.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

CBJ

by CBJ

Sounds good I am ready to snatch up a cheap rear derailleur. I will do just fine with 9000 on my bike :-)

However I would think a lot of the release is determined more based on what is sold for 2017 bikes OEM. Like if they have already made commitments to manufactures they would need to fulfill orders.

KimJaeCheon

by KimJaeCheon

oh looks good!

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Di2 wireless functions........ "No" groupset wireless

http://bike.shimano.com/content/sac-bik ... ality.html

hlvd

by hlvd

Ritxis wrote:Di2 wireless functions........ "No" groupset wireless

http://bike.shimano.com/content/sac-bik ... ality.html

Interesting, might give simultaneous front rear shifting? Means new battery and wireless unit.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

This appears to be pretty lame. To get the same functionality on your smartphone that you now get via your battery charger, you need to buy a new D-Fly unit and a new battery............why would you spend that money?

hlvd

by hlvd

goodboyr wrote:This appears to be pretty lame. To get the same functionality on your smartphone that you now get via your battery charger, you need to buy a new D-Fly unit and a new battery............why would you spend that money?

I agree, can't be that difficult to get the current versions compatible.

ichobi

by ichobi

Have it on good authority that it will be called DA9100. Most likely launch in July (TDF) as one of the first completed bike with New DA will be shown in August, marketed in September and released in Oct/ Last quarter. No words on separate groupset. This is coming from one of the big importer of certain brand. No word on features either, we just know that it will be out this year, not next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreaK

by FreaK

Well, if they're sure they'll get it out this year and this is as visible as testing has been, i'm not expecting any huge changes. The electronic stuff can be done in a lab.
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

saibot

by saibot

hlvd wrote:
goodboyr wrote:This appears to be pretty lame. To get the same functionality on your smartphone that you now get via your battery charger, you need to buy a new D-Fly unit and a new battery............why would you spend that money?

To get the wireless functions You just the need the new internal battery (or battery holder if you're running external). No need to get the D-fly unit if I understood this correctly. This was announced back in April with xt di2

Ritxis

by Ritxis

saibot wrote:
hlvd wrote:

To get the wireless functions You just the need the new internal battery (or battery holder if you're running external). No need to get the D-fly unit if I understood this correctly. This was announced back in April with xt di2

No, for wireless functions.......new internal battery or external battery mount in addition to, new display for XTR D12 (SC-M9051) new D-Fly´s units (EW-WU101, EW-WU111) only the battery will not give function wireless

New XT Di2 comes display unit (SC-MT800) for wireless

Compatibility with Dura-ace 9070 and Ultegra 6870

Alfine, Ultegra 6770; Previous generations of E-Tube Di2 components will be compatible with the E-Tube Project Wireless App excluding certain combinations of Alfine Di2 and ULTEGRA 6770 Di2 products that include SC-S705 information display, and SM-EW67A-E front wiring unit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com