Shimano DI2 what's compatible?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lillelund

by Lillelund

Hi
Im considering a kind of wild project. I have this old Trek Madone 5.9 SL frame, my old race bike. I want to rebuild to a one of a kind citybike. I want to mount a Ultegra DI2 6770 rear derallieur, with an external cable routing, a battery and only a sattelite shifter. Is this possible?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

strangely

by strangely

Well you'd need a junction box (doesn't work without one even though it can be wired with a B junction directly). That's where it gets tricky since with an external battery you would need an SM-EW67-A-E. (I believe the SM-EW90 A isn't compatible with external batteries)

The SM-EW67-A-E already has the Brifter e-tube wires attached and I guess for it to work, you would need to connect it through another B Junction (SM-JC41) as I think all of the satellite shifters have their own e-tube wire. Failing that you could splice them perhaps.

arty118

by arty118

strangely wrote:Well you'd need a junction box (doesn't work without one even though it can be wired with a B junction directly). That's where it gets tricky since with an external battery you would need an SM-EW67-A-E. (I believe the SM-EW90 A isn't compatible with external batteries)

The SM-EW67-A-E already has the Brifter e-tube wires attached and I guess for it to work, you would need to connect it through another B Junction (SM-JC41) as I think all of the satellite shifters have their own e-tube wire. Failing that you could splice them perhaps.

SM-EW90-A is compatible with external battery fortunately. It's my current setup :)

I think this set up should work. You will need some plugs for empty slots at junction a&b though