Cannondale Si 130 Bcd, usable with 52/36 or 50/34?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Hi Weenies,

I obviously always thought that min inner ring you can run with a 130 BCD is a 38t. However, I've recently come across some listings where people have offered a 130 BCD and a 50/34 or 52/36 combo. Is this just a mistake or can you really run a smaller inner ring with the Cannondale 130 BCD spider?

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

topflightpro

by topflightpro

You can swap spiders on Cannondale cranks, so maybe they are offering different spider options? I have 130 and 110 spiders for my Hollowgrams.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Yeah, this is specifically a 130 spider for smaller chainrings. Apparently new this year?

Svetty

by Svetty

ultyguy wrote:Yeah, this is specifically a 130 spider for smaller chainrings. Apparently new this year?

Not cannondale parts. Not sure why you would use an exotic spider with Hollowgram arms when the standard ones cover all ring combos you would want.

There is an ebay listing for some German rings which contains errors - maybe this is what you are referring to?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOR-Road-Bike

The photos are on the wrong listings and the 130 listing gives compact ring options which aren't listed on the manufacturers web site - I assume they aren't made.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Yeah, the reason is that I have a 130bcd Cannondale SRM but living in the mountains, a 38t is a bit too tall. I agree, I think it's just erroneous listings after taking a look at my spider again last night.