2016 Venge Vias Rear Derailleur Hangar Issue

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stormur

by stormur

em3 is absolutely right. however ANY hanger movement on frame is unacceptable. must be tight. if not, means drop out area is not matching hanger shape.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

The hanger is usually CNCed. So nice sharp corners, precise dimensions, Shiny. Minimal paint (and they are easy to paint)

Frames with carbon drop outs are molded, different radius corners depending on various things, not perfectly flat surfaces. then they paint it, several coats, large object, tricky to get the paint perfectly flat and even. Then some manufacturers mask off the drop out less than perfectly, and so it goes on.

You can send it back if you want, you might get a new frame. You might not.

Then you have the issue that 130mm OLN might be 131 on the frame, so you need to squish the frame to close the gap down. It's bloody hard to get something of exactly 130mm width into a 130mm slot. Not even going to go into tolerancing.

proof

by proof

experienced the same,all new bike should be fine tuned at the factory or the lbs before shipping to you, i think this is an misalignment in the services as well.... anyway small issue and this can be fixed in a few minutes if you have proper tool.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

proof wrote:experienced the same,all new bike should be fine tuned at the factory or the lbs before shipping to you, i think this is an misalignment in the services as well.... anyway small issue and this can be fixed in a few minutes if you have proper tool.

the reputable bike shop that ordered the bike for you should.