Trek Madone 9 Series Power Meter Options

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jekyll man

by jekyll man

1 of the problems trying to fit a Rotor 3D24 Power2max (and probably other versions too) into frames with larger shells is the actual internal diameter of the powermeter unit itself.
Classic's have a limit of ~53mm, S-types limit is 57mm.

So while in theory because they have a 24mm axle, they should fit, in reality they might not due to how built up the shell area is.
I've not actually looked at the trek to comment on its girth.

Not sure if there are a few people out there running 30mm axle conversions in BB90 but suspect the bearings are going to be fragile due to their size.
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Pretty sure you can't physically get a 30mm through a BB90 shell, what you're I believe referring to is people running a 30mm crank in a BSA type shell where the hole is big enough but not big enough to use standard size bearings with it.
I do get what your're saying about the "girth" of the shell possibly being an issue however.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

stang1

by stang1

Calnago wrote:Pretty sure you can't physically get a 30mm through a BB90 shell, what you're I believe referring to is people running a 30mm crank in a BSA type shell where the hole is big enough but not big enough to use standard size bearings with it.
I do get what your're saying about the "girth" of the shell possibly being an issue however.

Yes, the Rotor UBB30 system. The bearings do look fragile but I myself am not going to risk it :noidea: