Durable, high end white bar tape?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

r_mutt

by r_mutt

how long should one expect to go between changing bar tape? i like lizard skins, but they seem to rip the top surface after a while. i have a set of white that didn't rip for 6-7 months and another in black that ripepd in a month.

i don't think it's unreasonable to change bar tape every 6 months, no?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

Really depends on mileage and palm sweat seepage. I have several bikes so the mileage gets spread around. If I only had one bike I'd probably do it quarterly or more but I like my gear tight.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

Whatever the tape and however frequently one cleans it a white tape will not look great after a while...

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Handlebra white stays white forever......just costly.

http://handlebra.com/

Broady

by Broady

I rate the white Supacaz tape.

oopssk8

by oopssk8

Lizard skin may be the most durable bar tape existing.
I use lizard black bar tape 2 season but it's nice condition.
Depending on your riding style, you can use this at least a year.

wobbly

by wobbly

Frankie - B wrote:
wobbly wrote:+1 and yellowing after 1 season. Shame as good tacky tape until dirty

Reg Lizard skins tape, or any kind of bar tape for that matter. You keep it on for more then one season? it bags the question if you wear the same socks every day as well? :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: full season.....undies too :thumbup:

Vagabond

by Vagabond

I like Deda Elementi. I can clean it and it's very comfortable. It's interesting that some of you go a whole season with the same tape. My bars start to get grungy underneath after several months. I usually swap out three times a year. Twice at a minimim as I change out cables every spring. White is the best looking bar tape in my opinion and all I ever use. And it doesn't matter what color your seat is. Old school classic that will never be out of style.
Colnago e Campagnolo

racersir

by racersir

Deda handlebar tape

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

r_mutt wrote:how long should one expect to go between changing bar tape? i like lizard skins, but they seem to rip the top surface after a while. i have a set of white that didn't rip for 6-7 months and another in black that ripepd in a month.

The ripping of Lizard skins tape has to do with how tight you pull it when you are wrapping your bars. Wrap it with light tension and the surface will stay strong for a long time.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Frankie - B wrote:
r_mutt wrote:how long should one expect to go between changing bar tape? i like lizard skins, but they seem to rip the top surface after a while. i have a set of white that didn't rip for 6-7 months and another in black that ripepd in a month.

The ripping of Lizard skins tape has to do with how tight you pull it when you are wrapping your bars. Wrap it with light tension and the surface will stay strong for a long time.

i am going to give Lizard Skins one more try with this method. i really like the extra cushioning that the 3.2 give me.