Campy 11-29 cassette not compatible with EPS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok. That makes sense. I would say that is as much a function of the compatibility between your drive train and frame/derailleur hanger geometry as it is a compatibility issue between EPS and the 11/29, and that this is one of those "it may or may not work" situations depending on your particular setup. For instance, Colnago hangers are quite long, near if not at the max of Campy's spec. This is one reason it's fairly easy to remove and install rear wheels. I've worked on some frames where a combination of 1) short hanger, 2) relatively forward placement of hanger and 3) very little clearance between rear wheel and bottom bracket area combined to create a perfect storm where it was a pain in the ass just to remove a rear wheel. You had to really simultaneously pull back the rear derailleur as you pushed the rear wheel forward and even deflate the tire to remove it easily.
And while a "long" derailleur hanger may make wheel removal easier, it does mean the chain can run a little farther away from the cassette and you can end up maxing out on that H-screw adjustment, with the mechanical system at least.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

Interesting... although I've been using a 11-29 cassette for a couple of months on a Record EPS bike without any problems. And that's with Q-rings, so worst possible scenario. Chain length is absolutely critical though, ever so slightly too long and the upper pulley will make contact with the 29 cog.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

LionelB

by LionelB

I am bringing this one back from the dead. Has anyone tried 11-29 with a SR EPS V2 on an F8 ? Would like to try that cassette. Thanks

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

LionelB wrote:I am bringing this one back from the dead. Has anyone tried 11-29 with a SR EPS V2 on an F8 ? Would like to try that cassette. Thanks
It worked sort of ok when I tried it. Problem is if the chain is the correct length for the 29 it’s too long in the 11 and if it’s set correctly for the 11 it’s tight in the 29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk