Please help! BMC TMR01 or Argon 18 Nitrogen?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Which aero bike:

BMC TMR01
67%
Argon 18 Nitrogen
33%

Total votes: 46

MaxSpeed

by MaxSpeed

looking into an aero road frame/bike, I ride primarily straights and some rolling hills (don't race). Looking for opinions on BMC TMR01 vs Argon 18 Nitrogen, I currently have Enve 6.7s, if that helps.

I know the TMR01 is a slightly heavier frame, and brakes might be a pain to fiddle with. Not many reviews out on the Nitrogen to make a sound judgement.

I'm open to other frames, but I leaning towards these two since I can get them for similar price. Thanks in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

BMC TMR02 - JUST because of brakes at 01. frame is same, difference is fork: a. heavier b. brakes are REALLY PITA. Just to be sure : you know that comfort is very last thing to expect at TMR ? (to be kind)
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

joepac

by joepac

The Nitrogen Pro looks like a pretty sweet frame. Here's a bikeradar review: http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -16-50089/

MaxSpeed

by MaxSpeed

Yeah, the Pro does look awesome.

What do you guys think about the Dogma F8 compared to these two options?

mr4fox

by mr4fox

I have a TMR01, but have never ridden the nitrogen so won't try to compare. Just sayin that my brakes have never been a pita. Nit quite as much modulation as Dura Ace callipers but you soon get used to it and they have loads of power.

The only time I've ever noticed the frame being uncomfortable is over cobbles or hard hits like holes in the road which I usually avoid. I don't race over cobbles so this doesn't bother me. 5-7hour rides are no problem on the TMR01. 99.99% of the time I cant tell a difference in comfort between the TMR01 and my old GF01 (which was made for cobbles!). I believe wheels and tyres are responsible for 90% of the comfort of a bike.

Just sayin

Skunkworks

by Skunkworks

mr4fox wrote:I have a TMR01, but have never ridden the nitrogen so won't try to compare. Just sayin that my brakes have never been a pita. Nit quite as much modulation as Dura Ace callipers but you soon get used to it and they have loads of power.

The only time I've ever noticed the frame being uncomfortable is over cobbles or hard hits like holes in the road which I usually avoid. I don't race over cobbles so this doesn't bother me. 5-7hour rides are no problem on the TMR01. 99.99% of the time I cant tell a difference in comfort between the TMR01 and my old GF01 (which was made for cobbles!). I believe wheels and tyres are responsible for 90% of the comfort of a bike.

Just sayin

I had TMR01 with C35 9000 tu.
I 100% agree with mr4fox. He stated everything that I want to say.
+ TMR01 would be a classic of aero frames
It just my opinion;)

stormur

by stormur

mr4fox wrote:I have a TMR01, but have never ridden the nitrogen so won't try to compare. Just sayin that my brakes have never been a pita. Nit quite as much modulation as Dura Ace callipers but you soon get used to it and they have loads of power.

Just sayin

Brakes : so you are first and (possibly) only one :) Or you never change wheelsets. Anyway to DA9000 brakes ( holy graal of brakes, and I'm known for not being Shimano fanboy ! ) bmc brakes has looong way . Power, modulation, ease of adjustmet. Not same ballpark. Not even same city.

Comfort - seriously ??? Really ??? I rode both. You MUST be kidding. Difference is like Mercedes E combi (GF) and BMW M3 ... to be gentle for M3 suspension .

And it's noticeable after 500m not 5 hours...

TMR is known for incredible stiffness and lack of comfort. Comfort is the last thing which you can say about this frame.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

audiwithbmc

by audiwithbmc

Bmc tmr01

Brakes are really not that bad!

Junior7

by Junior7

Certainly BMC.

More bike.

MaxSpeed

by MaxSpeed

50/50 I see, but it seems more can speak on BMC. It gets really tough choosing a new bike.

MaxSpeed

by MaxSpeed

I was told an XS Nitrogen was my sweet spot. Do you think the TMR01 48cm would fit me? Don't know enough to confirm the size myself. Height: 62.50in, Inseam: 29.25in, arm length: 20.25in.

Appreciate all your input fellas!
Last edited by MaxSpeed on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

superdx

by superdx

The Nitrogen in XS/S sizes looks really squished. The article below has a pic and it seems for the frame to look normal, it needs to be a medium size. Not sure if aesthetics fit much into your consideration.

http://www.roadiemanila.com/2015/09/rev ... rogen.html

MaxSpeed

by MaxSpeed

Superdx - Yeah did notice that. Looks okay a slightly bigger size is asethically more pleasing.

Any short guys here that have pics of a 48cm TMR01? Lol!

jrayner4

by jrayner4

I ride a Nitrogen with Enve 6.7s. It is great but I have never tried the BMC so can't compare. It is comfortable and very fast. Ask any questions and I will try to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MaxSpeed

by MaxSpeed

jrayner4 wrote:I ride a Nitrogen with Enve 6.7s. It is great but I have never tried the BMC so can't compare. It is comfortable and very fast. Ask any questions and I will try to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's size do you ride? Any pics?