Please help! BMC TMR01 or Argon 18 Nitrogen?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Which aero bike:

BMC TMR01
67%
Argon 18 Nitrogen
33%

Total votes: 46

shaneh

by shaneh

I've been on a '15 TMR01 for a while and while it's certainly more stiff than my old '13 SLR01, it feels about the same as my Dogma 65.1. Maybe it's because I have a bmx background and the brakes are almost identical to all of my bmx bikes, but the brakes are not that hard to deal with either. PLENTY of power. And honestly, better modulation than the Ultegras on my Dogma. My only gripe is that you have to pull the crank to change the drive side rear pad or spacers. And the channel that the front cable and noodle come through limits the movement of the right pad, so that the left front pad always hits first. I guess earlier brake sets for these bikes didn't have the micro adjusters for tension against the pivot springs. But this set has them and there is enough range to center the pads from what I've found. Oh and the HUGE quick release Shimano adjusters that BMC ships now are ridiculous. MASSIVE and heavy hanging on the brake cables under the stem. As soon as I have time I'm putting some normal adjusters on without the quick release. I bet those things weigh 4-6 ounces each.

I like it. It's fast. I typically do 40-60 miles at a time. Not a bike I'd do a century on. But hell, the only way I'd do a century anyway is if I got REALLY lost. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

What kind of adjuster you planning on gettingfor the rear brake. I can certainly use one for my TMR02

KarlC

by KarlC

shaneh wrote:I've been on a '15 TMR01 for a while and while it's certainly more stiff than my old '13 SLR01, it feels about the same as my Dogma 65.1. Maybe it's because I have a bmx background and the brakes are almost identical to all of my bmx bikes, but the brakes are not that hard to deal with either. PLENTY of power. And honestly, better modulation than the Ultegras on my Dogma. My only gripe is that you have to pull the crank to change the drive side rear pad or spacers. And the channel that the front cable and noodle come through limits the movement of the right pad, so that the left front pad always hits first. I guess earlier brake sets for these bikes didn't have the micro adjusters for tension against the pivot springs. But this set has them and there is enough range to center the pads from what I've found. Oh and the HUGE quick release Shimano adjusters that BMC ships now are ridiculous. MASSIVE and heavy hanging on the brake cables under the stem. As soon as I have time I'm putting some normal adjusters on without the quick release. I bet those things weigh 4-6 ounces each.

I like it. It's fast. I typically do 40-60 miles at a time. Not a bike I'd do a century on. But hell, the only way I'd do a century anyway is if I got REALLY lost. :)

Why in the world are you pulling the crank to change the drive side rear pad or spacers, I've changed the pads and spacers on my 2013 TMR01 several times and never had to pull the crank.

Also make sure your pivot springs are installed right 1 of mine was wrong so I had your same issues, after it was fixed it was much better. Now my pads hit even.

Thanks for posting
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

shaneh

by shaneh

Funny thing is I haven't touched it since I put it together. After your post, I went and looked and realized my allen set has a wider body and that's what was interfering with the chainring. A regular allen wrench just barely clears the 53t chainring. Thanks!

MrDeia

by MrDeia

Hi there!

Hope you guys can help me out here. (Sorry for this being my first post ... i'm a reader for 2 years but recently registered ... finally :thumbup: )

I'm in for buying a TMR01 in the smallest size 48. I'm 1,68cm tall (/short :? ) and have a saddleheight of 68cm (top of saddle to center BB).

Is there anyone out here who can show me a picture of a TMR01 win 48cm with the saddle height around 68cm?

Really hope i can get some response soon as tomorrow i'm going to the shop to make a deal.