Saddle shape comparison/question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Hi guys,

I'm currently using a Tune Komm-Vor saddle on my bikes and the fit and shape is just perfect for me. No problems at all even on very, very long rides. The only problem I have is that the edge of the saddle is ruining all of my bib-shorts. The seams start to get undone and the the material in general is getting rubbed trough.

So I'm looking for a new saddle to save my shorts. I need one that is more or less the same shape-wise. I tried an Fizik Aliante, but the shape seems to be different, because I get a sore backside after 1,5 hours of riding.

So my question is: which standard leather saddle is comparable shape-wise to Tune's Komm-Vor saddle. Can anyone help me out? Or can anyone give me some advise, how to use the Komm-Vor saddle but save my shorts?

Thanks in advance!
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

RyanH

by RyanH

The Tune Komm Vor shape worked for me, so the Berk saddle may work for you. It's a different shape so YMMV.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Benno

by Benno

Tune is releasing the Re4mer soon. An unfortunate name that is actually pronounced reformer. It has a closed shell around the nose. I have 2 komm vor's and plan on trying the Re4mer on my XC bike.

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Thanks for your suggestions. Do you have any recommendations on standard leather saddles as well? I'm trying to get away from carbon, just need a saddle with the shape of the Komm Vor.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

Benno

by Benno

I actually have the same question as I very much like the shape of the kommvor but it would be nice to try something a little more durable and perhaps with some padding. However I think it's the flexibility of the light weight shell is what makes the kommvor so good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

verbs4us

by verbs4us

Consider one of the wider Berthoud saddles and for more $$ they make a Ti-framed version. I got a used Aspen saddle and was surprised at the comfort despite no padding. it fits more like a sling and provides lots of shock absorption. You pay the price in weight, but with the right fit and adjustment--very comfortable. The one surprise with leather--the nose has to come up significantly higher than on synthetic, else you slide forward. Experiment a bit.