Campy SR 11 Dual pivot brakes, 25 tires on Pinarello F8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fh8425

by fh8425

Hi All

Am getting an F8 and thinking of using the SR11 groupset. Will run Campy Bora One 35 (24.2 mm width).

Read some where in a blog that SR 11 dual pivot brakes(rear) will rub on 25 tires on the F8. Further reading on other info says that campy has resolve this problem in the 2015 line of the groupset by making more clearance for 25 mm tires.

Can someone who has tried please provide some info.

Thx.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I can provide a little info, although not definitive for that frame.

In general, a Campy dual-pivot brake can clear a 28 mm tire, but only if the location of the brake bridge allows. Certainly, problems have been reported with some frames.

In 2015 Campy changed the design of Chorus and below brakes for a little extra clearance, but not SR.

A single pivot rear (which is the configuration I prefer), provides substantially more clearance than the dual-pivot, and I feel sure would be OK.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fh8425

by fh8425

bikerjulio wrote:I can provide a little info, although not definitive for that frame.

In general, a Campy dual-pivot brake can clear a 28 mm tire, but only if the location of the brake bridge allows. Certainly, problems have been reported with some frames.

In 2015 Campy changed the design of Chorus and below brakes for a little extra clearance, but not SR.

A single pivot rear (which is the configuration I prefer), provides substantially more clearance than the dual-pivot, and I feel sure would be OK.

Yes. Was told the single will be ok. Trying my luck here as i would prefer both to be dual pivot if possible.

mimason

by mimason

I can't speak to Campy brakes but Conti 25s and Bora One 50s are fine with my F8. IF the brake bridge is the problem consider using a washer to allow for extra height between frame and brake.

LionelB

by LionelB

Using campy single pivot SR rear brake and FMB Comp CX 25mm (that run big) on Bora 50. Clearance is tight but fine.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

There was an earlier thread on this which I just found http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=129750&start=30

One.

audiojan

by audiojan

Don't have this exact set up… My F8 with ENVE 6.7's and 25mm tubulars (Veloflex Arenberg) clears without a problem with EE brakes. My wife's Pinarello 60.1 has dual pivot Campy SR, Mavic Ksyrium SR and 25mm Conti GP4000S clears with plenty of space left.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

fh8425

by fh8425

thanks guys for the feedback so far .. not conclusive yet.

Hoping someone whom has the same config like mine to feedback .... Anyway the wait for the F8 is 60 days and i am yet to order the SR 11 ...

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

my opinions. but that's what the internet is for, right?

1. differential braking just makes sense. your car has it. your motorcycle has it. it works better. it clears the rear tire better. and. it's lighter!

2. SR is God's way of telling you that you have too much money. Buy Chorus, it's virtually identical. Donate the difference. you will feel so much better about yourself.

One.

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

My 2015 Litespeed T1 can't run 25mm tyres on my Bora 50C's as the SR brakes rub. I'm running 23mm's but they do come up at 24.8mm so feel good. The 25mm's I tried came up at nearly 27mm. Both tyres are GP4000 II
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

I will have my Dogma F8 with (latest generation) Bora Ultra 50 clinchers and the 2016 SR EPS v3 groupset in a little over a month.
I was planning on running the new Vittoria Corsa G+'s in 25c.
Will let you know, if you can wait that long.

fh8425

by fh8425

jdecraene85 wrote:I will have my Dogma F8 with (latest generation) Bora Ultra 50 clinchers and the 2016 SR EPS v3 groupset in a little over a month.

Sure buddy .. many thx !

fh8425

by fh8425

cmcdonnell wrote:My 2015 Litespeed T1 can't run 25mm tyres on my Bora 50C's as the SR brakes rub. I'm running 23mm's but they do come up at 24.8mm so feel good. The 25mm's I tried came up at nearly 27mm. Both tyres are GP4000 II

Intend to run GP4000SII on the new setup as this is what i am using now ...

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

fh8425 wrote:
jdecraene85 wrote:I will have my Dogma F8 with (latest generation) Bora Ultra 50 clinchers and the 2016 SR EPS v3 groupset in a little over a month.

Sure buddy .. many thx !

After months of waiting for EPS V3, my bike in the above mentioned setup finally got delivered!
Corsa G+ 25c is not a problem at all.
Plenty of space left at the seatstays and chainstays, less so at the brake bridge, but still sufficient!
If the Corsa G+ 25's are worn, I think I'll try Conti GP4000SII 25's, I guess they come up even a little wider?

fh8425

by fh8425

jdecraene85 wrote:
fh8425 wrote:

Sure buddy .. many thx !

After months of waiting for EPS V3, my bike in the above mentioned setup finally got delivered!
Corsa G+ 25c is not a problem at all.
Plenty of space left at the seatstays and chainstays, less so at the brake bridge, but still sufficient!
If the Corsa G+ 25's are worn, I think I'll try Conti GP4000SII 25's, I guess they come up even a little wider?

Thx for the update mate .. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com