Descending with carbon clincher still an issue?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Allen254

by Allen254

ChiZ01 wrote:
Allen254 wrote:i have never had problems braking with my BOYDS 44mm carbon clinchers. i prefer carbon breaking over aluminum breaking any day,, its smoother braking, it doesn't bite but still breaks just ass good if needed, i don't like the feeling aluminum gives you while descending which is a biting feeling that can throw your cornering off and possibly make you fall off while descending. i've never ridden carbon wheels in the rain so i have no input on that. braking should be smooth it should feel sort of like faded car breaking but not faded in a bad way sort of like f1 racing where the breaks have to have a certain heat build up before they start braking well if this make any sense. i use boyds stock onyx brakes i love them wouldn't switch to swissstop.

i find it hard to believe your boyd carbon brake track is better than aluminum.
i kid you not sometimes it feels like it. i hate that bite feeling aluminum gives you and yes the braking on the boyds is great. i can't imagine their new updated break tracks,, they must be even better with their new brake tracks now have the grooves that the zipps have or slots or whatever their called and also make the zipp sound when braking.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I like the braking on my Campy Bora much better than my Shimano C50 clinchers with aluminum brake track. The modulation is much better on the carbon and it has much more grab/power when needed. On the Shimano it feels like a rock grinding on aluminum. Plus I see shreds of aluminum embedded in the pads. I'm using Shimano Dura Ace factory pads on the Shimano wheels, and Campy carbon pads on the Bora wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com