Enve Composites bought by Mavic parent company

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

53x12

by 53x12

$50 million cash.

Wonder how much longer they will keep the USA production facility.

PRESS RELEASE: To accelerate its Cycling business, Amer Sports Corporation has acquired ENVE Composites LLC, based in Utah, USA. ENVE is a fast-growing brand in high-end carbon wheels, components, and accessories for road and mountain biking with annual sales of approximately USD 30 million. The acquisition accelerates Amer Sports Cycling business especially in the United States and provides further expansion opportunities internationally. ENVE brings capabilities in carbon technology, and it offers operational scale and synergy benefits complementing Amer Sports’ cycling category.

The acquisition price is USD 50 million in an all-cash transaction. The acquisition will have no material impact on Amer Sports’ 2016 financial results, and it will be accretive to Amer Sports EBIT margin as of 2017. The closing of the acquisition is expected in the first quarter of 2016.

AMER SPORTS
Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Wilson, Atomic, Arc’teryx, Mavic, Suunto and Precor. The company’s technically advanced sports equipment, footwear and apparel improve performance and increase the enjoyment of sports and outdoor activities. The Group’s business is balanced by its broad portfolio of sports and products and a presence in all major markets. Amer Sports shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange (AMEAS).

http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/02/22/mav ... omposites/
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

kfreytag

by kfreytag

ENVE got *every* dollar available.
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mimason

by mimason

ENVE neutral support!

Ahillock

by Ahillock

kfreytag wrote:ENVE got *every* dollar available.

+1. Darn right.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

ENVE = Vietmanese manufacturing at its best.

Or not: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recall-A ... cle-Forks/

kgt

by kgt

Amer sports is not Mavic. It is Mavic, Salomon, Wilson, Suunto, etc. etc.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

mimason wrote:ENVE neutral support!

And all teams running Mavic or Corima wheels, won´t give the replacement wheels back. :)
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

Ahillock

by Ahillock

kgt wrote:Amer sports is not Mavic. It is Mavic, Salomon, Wilson, Suunto, etc. etc.

No one made that claim. Read it again: "Enve Composites bought by Mavic parent company"

jeffy

by jeffy

"ENVE proudly manufactures 100% of our carbon fiber wheel products in Ogden, Utah."

are the rims actually made/molded in the USA?

Ahillock

by Ahillock

^ Yes.

spookyload

by spookyload

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/enve-pu ... t-company/

manufacturing "faculty"....where it makes "since"...
Nice job Cyclingnews editors. Your credibility is resolute.

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

just hope this translates into an exchange of technology, it would be great to see mavic use enve's IP portifolio to build up to date wheels

rossjm11

by rossjm11

That really sucks, from my experience, Mavic had easy ordering and customer support back when you got to call the in MA. Now, dealing with Amer is much more difficult and the mployees seemed uneducated in their products.
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

spookyload

by spookyload

rossjm11 wrote:That really sucks, from my experience, Mavic had easy ordering and customer support back when you got to call the in MA. Now, dealing with Amer is much more difficult and the mployees seemed uneducated in their products.

While Mavic is a hassle to deal with, I am a Salomon shoe die hard. Their warranty for shoes is painless and fast. I had to warranty two different pairs of hiking shoes last year. It was a simple form to fill out with pictures of the failures. New shoes came within a week. So I don't think Amer is the issue with Mavic...I think it is France (Look is equally hard to deal with and not part of Amer).

RussellS

by RussellS

spookyload wrote:While Mavic is a hassle to deal with, I am a Salomon shoe die hard. Their warranty for shoes is painless and fast. I had to warranty two different pairs of hiking shoes last year. It was a simple form to fill out with pictures of the failures. New shoes came within a week. So I don't think Amer is the issue with Mavic...I think it is France (Look is equally hard to deal with and not part of Amer).

Salomon is a French company. So the French workers at Salomon are wonderful with warranty problems, and the French workers at Mavic are difficult with warranty problems. Maybe France has nothing to do with anything.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com