Workstands: Feedback Sprint vs Elite Race Pro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nemeseri

by nemeseri

I did my research and settled either with the Feedback Sprint or Elite Race Pro workstand. I know that the Feedback Sprint is known to be one of the best workstand around. But is it worth the premium over the Elite Race Pro (~$100)? I ruled out the Parktool PRS-20 because it costs the same as the Feedback Sprint and the later one got better reviews.

Obviously it would be used in my home as a home mechanic stand.
Anyone can give me their opinion? Thanks

BRM

by BRM

Other popular model overhere (Europe) is the Tacx Spider Team T3350

(This is an upgrade of the Tacx Spider Team T3050) (Also worth to have a look to)

Look on youtube for some vids

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

adhumston

by adhumston

I have both. I tend to use the Sprint for more involved work, while I use the Elite for quicker things when I dont feel like taking the front wheel off (lube, pedal swaps, etc...). The Elite also has the advantage if you have a lot of disc brake bikes (front wheel stays on).

If I could only keep one, it would probably be the Sprint however, as it is much nicer IMO for the bigger jobs. With that being said, just buy em both!

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Generally speaking for anybody interested, I now wish I would have a stand that didn't hang from the seatpost, like my Park PCS-10. Easy to just set it up, throw the bike on there and do stuff. But, having the BB support/and front drop to make the bike level would be nice, and a bit more solid. Of course, I only paid $115 delivered to my door for the Park.

I would def go with one of those two you have picked...nice setups both you are looking at.

rst72

by rst72

some good recent info here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=136900

I went back and forth between the sprint and elite...i ultimately went with the sprint. The sprint does not come with a support strap and contrary to what Feedback says (see above thread), I would definitely use one for peace of mind. I was concerned that a strap would get in the way of the cranks, but the sprint cradle has 2 slots. I thread a toe strap only through the NDS slot of the cradle and i get zero interference. Get the sprint.

glepore

by glepore

I have the prior version of the Elite and have used the feedback. Fit and finish on the feedback is superior, but is it worth 100 bucks extra? I don't think so, especially when the elite is on sale at Nashbar or performance. Th feedback stuff is very nice to look at though.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

tabmaster

by tabmaster

I nearly bought the elite. Then I saw the build quality. Compared to the feedback, the elite is a cheap-o piece of junk. I know there is a sizeable price difference, but the feedback will probably never need replacing. The other point to note, and this is important, is stability. The feedback has a larger 'footprint' than the elite. That is to say that the elite felt like it might not have been very stable with a bike on it. I never got that impression from the feedback. Rock solid, which is what you need with £8000 worth of bike on it!
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

rst72

by rst72

ah, i read as Feedback sprint vs Feedback Elite Pro

yeah, there's no comparison here. you'll never want for more with the feedback.

Conza

by Conza

BRM wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:34 pm
Other popular model overhere (Europe) is the Tacx Spider Team T3350

(This is an upgrade of the Tacx Spider Team T3050) (Also worth to have a look to)

Look on youtube for some vids

I have the T3050 - got a new disc brake bike... what's the go... don't seem to have any adapters or anything to use it on the stand? :|
It's all about the adventure :o .

MoPho

by MoPho

adhumston wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:19 pm
I have both. I tend to use the Sprint for more involved work, while I use the Elite for quicker things when I dont feel like taking the front wheel off (lube, pedal swaps, etc...). The Elite also has the advantage if you have a lot of disc brake bikes (front wheel stays on).

If I could only keep one, it would probably be the Sprint however, as it is much nicer IMO for the bigger jobs. With that being said, just buy em both!

This :thumbup:

eric01

by eric01

have the feedback sprint. Never used the elite but I'm very pleased with the feedback. Well constructed, easy to setup and light (important as I don't have a space where I can leave it setup all the time). Yes a little more expensive but it feels worth it when you use it.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

TonyM

by TonyM

I have a Feedback Elite and a Park tool similar to the Feedback Sprint. The Sprint is much better when you do a full work like for me lately the upgrade to EPS on my C60. When I have however to work on my disc brake bikes just for cleaning and lubricating the chain etc...the Elite is faster as you don’t remove any wheels etc...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com