Campa EPS rear derailleur buttons only?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timo

by Timo

Probably an old question but I did not find an answer by using the search function: does a Campagnolo EPS rear derailleur only work in combination with a EPS ergopower lever or can it also be operated with push buttons only? Thinking about using non-ergopower levers with push buttons in an "Mavic Zapp"-like setup but not sure whether it would work or not.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Miller

by Miller

Campag only sell Ergo levers or TT bar-end levers for EPS. To date they have not offered any satellite shifters... hm, there are also the TT brake levers with buttons incorporated, that's the nearest. You'd have to cook up your own buttons for satellite shifters and who knows what the signalling protocol is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StrapOn

by StrapOn

As above got Chours Eps on my P5 and the only way I've come up with putting shifting onto to the hyd brake levers like the di2 hack would be to buy TT shifters and disassembling them to do so at great cost.