mudguards/fenders on a CAAD10 disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Anyone using a CAAD10 disc with full length guards? Is it possible, what brand?
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lynet

by Lynet

Late reply. Figured somebody might find it useful.

I'm planning to mount Spencer Omega guards on mine this weekend. It'll be a DIY-job. Main issue is to fix guards to the fork crown (no holes) as well as fixing the stays to the fork.

I'll probably be swearing a lot during the process. But hope to make it :)

And I have seen a guy with SKS Longboards on them. Used zipties and high bondage adhesive tape in the fork crown.

ergott

by ergott

Look into the Portland Design Works Full Metal Fenders. I was very happy with them on my road bike.

If any fender is going to fit, these will. The rear mounts over the brake bridge giving you more clearance. Once set up, using the quick release mounts is easy. I could change a flat one the road and still the fenders wouldn't need readjusting after putting the wheel back on. Only difference is you have to remove your QR to take the wheel off. This keeps you from marring the frame with mounts that clamp to it.

stk57

by stk57

ergott wrote:Look into the Portland Design Works Full Metal Fenders. I was very happy with them on my road bike.

Very very tight with these tires but consequently so much cleaner (less mud) AND cleaner (invisible, doesn't alter the bike aesthetics).

-STK-

Lynet

by Lynet

ergott wrote:Look into the Portland Design Works Full Metal Fenders.

There is two problems with them and the CAAD10 Disc.

1. No hole in the brake bridge
2. No holes in the fork crown at all

Managed to mount 37mm Spencer Omega full guards with rear light bracket-style mounts on the fork and seatstays, cable ties on the rear brake bridge and near the BB. Finally, used a small patch of Pattex No More Nails-tape in the fork crown. Image of the final result coming up. Works a charm!

essand

by essand

Use SKS Raceblades which are easily removable, just a couple of rubber ties. Been on for about 6 months with no issues.
They do not provide as much protection as full guards, the front on covers wheel behind the fork and rear from the brake bridge backwards.

Would recommend them though.

ergott

by ergott

Lynet wrote:1. No hole in the brake bridge
2. No holes in the fork crown at all

Not sure if it helps someone looking, the PDWs have holes in them for zip ties if you don't have holes in the frame at the bridge or fork crown.

jeffy

by jeffy

Crud Mk 3 offer better coverage (cover back of legs / front mech) than the SKS XL, and seem to work better on disc bikes with bigger clearances.
Last edited by jeffy on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Take a look at PDW poncho https://ridepdw.com/collections/fenders ... nders-city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com