New Vittoria Corsa G+in black?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ms6073

by ms6073

I have gotten the impression that Vittoria was consolidating the racing/performance tire offerings to include the Corsa CX, and now have only the Corsa Speed and Corsa G Plus series tires to replace several others.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

seashore

by seashore

fogman wrote:Is the Open Corsa CX 320tpi (bottom shelf, red box) being discontinued? I don't see it on the Vittoria website and purchased a pair at blowout pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The open cross CX is all done! Hence getting them so cheap online etc, I purchased quite a number of sets to use as training tires ...

defride

by defride

ultimobici wrote:
Sleepless wrote:Out of stock everywhere. Finding a unicorn is easier nowadays. :)
Every size in both colours in stock, unless you've bought into the bs about tubeless road!

Nice stash

How about Corsa G+ tub in anthracite?

Have seen a few online stores mention they're due but no availability date

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

defride wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
Sleepless wrote:Out of stock everywhere. Finding a unicorn is easier nowadays. :)
Every size in both colours in stock, unless you've bought into the bs about tubeless road!

Nice stash

How about Corsa G+ tub in anthracite?

Have seen a few online stores mention they're due but no availability date

Not yet. To be honest tubs are a major PIA. Fewer and fewer sales due to the massive advances in clinchers, as well as prices that are cut to ribbons online makes it less attractive to stock them. I have to buy them in multiples of 10 and have had to clear the last lot of Pavé, SC & CX tubs at cost.

ms6073

by ms6073

In that image, there are likely more Vittoria tires on those shelves than the combined inventory of all of the bike shops here in the 4th largest city in America!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

corky

by corky

What I find appalling is that magazines were reviewing and publishing these tyres a year ago and they're only just appearing....this seems symptomatic of the bike industry these days....

exctasy

by exctasy

Anyone looking for Corsa G+ Tubulars in Anthracite, head to Wiggle's uk site asap!

A2ON

by A2ON

Got these the other day to replace standard Giant p-SLR1 tyres

- I was worried about the colour but now I like it
- They roll noticeably better than the old tyres so I assume faster ?!
- I went from 23c to 25c and notice no difference
- I prefer the slick look of my old giant tyres they had no tread at all
- My old tyres weighed in at 205g each these are a whopping 262g each !
- They were hard to fit at first but now are fine once I had removed them again to align logos with valves as i forgot first time
- I'm not convinced you cant get a lighter tyre that performs as good Gp4000's or something ?
- I may try them with latex tubes but need 80mm valves and they don't seem to exists

Fitted pic

NMvelo

by NMvelo

spookyload wrote:I have a set of G+ tires in 25mm coming this week. Putting them on the 24.2mm external Boras. My LOOK has front clearance issues with the front brake, so we will see how it goes. I will give you the measurements on a Bora if it helps when they come. With my zipp 303 FC clinchers, I couldn't get 25mm GP4000 II tires to clear the front brake by more than 1mm. I just wasn't comfortable riding like that. They measured out to 27.1 installed on the wheels though. Hopefully the narrower Campy wheels will do better with the brakes closed a few mm. Raises the brake arm and should be OK.

Try the low profile pads from Swissstop. They have them for carbon or alloy rims. They will give you a little closer brake.

UKBROOKLYN

by UKBROOKLYN

Wondering which width to get. I have Neutron Ultras.. the rims are 15mm on the inside.. How big will the 23s blow up to versus the 25s.. anybody ??

grumpus

by grumpus

- I may try them with latex tubes but need 80mm valves and they don't seem to exists

Gotta get some valve extenders.

Marin

by Marin

Another data point, I have the "black" G+ in 28, and they the same width as my 25s and also the same weight.

Ok, maybe half a mm wider, and 3g heavier (267g).

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

UKBROOKLYN wrote:Wondering which width to get. I have Neutron Ultras.. the rims are 15mm on the inside.. How big will the 23s blow up to versus the 25s.. anybody ??

I have 23s on Campa Bullets, also 15mm inside. They are exactly 25mm wide at 8bar/115psi.

ms6073

by ms6073

I have the 28s on Nox Composites Falkor 36D (disc brake) wheelset with Vittoria Latex tubes and the tires measure 28.5 mm wide.
- Michael

Marin

by Marin

ms6073 wrote:I have the 28s on Nox Composites Falkor 36D (disc brake) wheelset with Vittoria Latex tubes and the tires measure 28.5 mm wide.

Sounds quite plausible as the 36dD is 20mm wide internally, they are 28.0mm on my 18c rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com