Cervelo R5 2014 to a S-works Tarmac disc?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

dmulligan wrote:OP, what is your R5 missing that you how to find in a different bike?

Sent from my Oneplus One using Tapatalk

According to the title of the thread, Cervelo R5 2014 is missing disc brakes next to S-Works Tarmac.

I completely agree with Ghost34. Patience, Specialized has been focusing on Roubaix model in last 2 years with thru-axle and now with front suspension. I was hoping for flat-mount and thru-axle but it didn't happen on 2017 Tarmac models. Specialized could make a splash with SL 6 Tarmac in 12 months.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

em3

by em3

mpulsiv wrote:
dmulligan wrote:OP, what is your R5 missing that you how to find in a different bike?

Sent from my Oneplus One using Tapatalk

According to the title of the thread, Cervelo R5 2014 is missing disc brakes next to S-Works Tarmac..... I was hoping for flat-mount and thru-axle but it didn't happen on 2017 Tarmac models. Specialized could make a splash with SL 6 Tarmac in 12 months.

...the Cervelo R3 Disc, has both flat mount calipers and thru-axles, which I suspect (as you surmise above) is what the OP is seeking compared to his R5. Is is possible the OP does not know the R3 Disc exists?

NYCPrynne

by NYCPrynne

i am pretty interested in a R-series disc bike myself. does anyone know, or has anyone heard rumor of an R5 disk? the R3 seems really terrific, but a tad heavy. by the time you switch out the Ultegra for a different gruppo, it would be a pretty expensive bike....seems better to wait for an R5 with DA if it will ever happen.

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

Don't know but I found some posts on Instagram that led me to the link below. Sounds like the 2017 launch events are happening right now so I'm sure whatever they have in the works will be announced relatively soon?

http://www.northcitycycles.cc/news/2016 ... 2017-bikes