Cervelo R5, size 56 : seat tube length ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cedced74

by cedced74

Hello,
is there any owner of a 2015' R5 (in size 56) to tell me its seat tube length, from center BB to the top of the seat post collar ?
Thanks a lot...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

Best I can do to help is to tell you that the Workswell R066 is 51.5 cm in size 54. I know this sounds like a nonsense answer to your question, but it should be some help. The R066 is a dead ringer for the R5 in every measurement. So the 56 cm R5 should be close to 2 cm longer than the 54 cm or about 53.5 cm. That shouldn't be more than 1 or 2 mm off. Hopefully this will help in the interim while you are waiting for a better answer.
Robert

newforker

by newforker

Have a 56 cm R2 (same mold, same geometry) in the shop here and it is about 556 mm.

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

[code][/code]
newforker wrote:Have a 56 cm R2 (same mold, same geometry) in the shop here and it is about 556 mm.

Sorry, but how is that possible. The 56 cm refers to the effective seat tube all the way up to the horizontal effective top tube. If you are right, the top tube would have to be very nearly horizontal actually. I think 53.5 is just about right.
Robert

wingguy

by wingguy

Read the question bro. BB to seat collar, not BB to top tube. And where's the seat collar on an R5? Ummm, just about exactly where a horizontal top tube would be :wink:

newforker

by newforker

rpenmanparker wrote:[code][/code]
newforker wrote:Have a 56 cm R2 (same mold, same geometry) in the shop here and it is about 556 mm.

Sorry, but how is that possible. The 56 cm refers to the effective seat tube all the way up to the horizontal effective top tube. If you are right, the top tube would have to be very nearly horizontal actually. I think 53.5 is just about right.

I physically measured it > I think is just about right.

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

I don't think it is that it is that high. Perhaps someone else will weigh in.
Robert

wingguy

by wingguy

I'll weigh in (again) - you didn't read the question properly.

OP, see below :thumbup:

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

My apologies. I absolutely did read and understand the question, but I was operating on the assumption that frame dimensions were identical to the R-066, and on the 54 that is under 52 cm as I said. Just doing a proportion, I came out with less than 54 for the 56 frame. But the tape doesn't lie. And on bicycle frames that proportion business can get you into a lot of trouble. This is just another example. Sorry for hassling you.

And seriously, not trying to be difficult, but in the photo the clamp looks like it might be sitting on top of the seat tube just tightened on the seat post, not pressed down fully onto the seat tube. Is that possible? That would be the difference between our two positions on this
Robert

wingguy

by wingguy

Nope, clamp fully set.
Last edited by wingguy on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newforker

by newforker

The clamp is fine just as it is.

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

wingguy wrote:Nope, clamp fully set.

Okay, thanks.
Robert

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com