Tube advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boonrany

by Boonrany

Hi all,

Looking to squeeze as much as I can out of my wheel sets and was hoping for some advice on tubes.

I have been told that the way to go would be Conti supersonics as opposed to a lightweight latex as the latex are not really repairable?? Having only ever used bog standard tubes in the past I'm unsure if this is true?......is it?

Im presuming that the Conti supersonic 42mm valves will be fine for my Mavic R Sys SLRs (25c) but wondered which tubes to use on my Mavic CXR 60s (23c)?

I can't seem to find a 80mm valve version of the supersonics and wondered, should I plumb for an alternative or use a valve extender on the 60mm version of the Conti?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated :)

rmerka

by rmerka

Boonrany wrote:Hi all,

Looking to squeeze as much as I can out of my wheel sets and was hoping for some advice on tubes.

I have been told that the way to go would be Conti supersonics as opposed to a lightweight latex as the latex are not really repairable?? Having only ever used bog standard tubes in the past I'm unsure if this is true?......is it?

It is false. Latex tubes can be easily repaired by cutting a patch out of an old latex tube and then gluing it on with rubber cement just as you would patch a butyl tube. It's really easy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I use normal patches on latex tubes or i did till i stopped using standard clinchers.