Reliable silver disk brake hub w/Campagnolo body?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timo

by Timo

I've searched the internet for a reliable silver colored hub for disk brakes with a Campagnolo body. So far I only found the Tune Kong QR5 and the Chris King R45. Both hubs get very mixed reviews for reliability and durability. Are there other options and what are the experiences of the forum members?
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

LionelB

by LionelB

white industries

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

BHS is carrying Industry Nine which come in silver and Campy http://www.bikehubstore.com/product-p/i9cdr.htm

They list White Industries too, but not Campy.

I'd email them for reccomendations.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

jimborello

by jimborello

White Industries has that hub, but if you are using 11 speed just use whatever hub you want with a shimano or sram cassette.

Timo

by Timo

Any comments on the reliability of the Industry Nine hub compared to King and Tune?
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Nivatec d711 d712 or the d771 and d772 can be fojnd in silver. They are cheap and quite reliable. If you want expensive and very reliable then whilte industries or royce for silver hubs.

spookyload

by spookyload

Timo wrote:Any comments on the reliability of the Industry Nine hub compared to King and Tune?

My son had a torch hub disintegrate internally this summer. They did nothing for him, and made him buy a whole new freehub assembly. Apparently the mechanical failure of the pawl mechanisms machining were his fault somehow. After he purchased the new assembly at full retail, they had the nuts to call and ask him if he would send them the damaged one so they could analyze the cause of the failure. He said he would send it to them for the same price they charged him for the new one. No I9 for me or him from that point one.

Timo

by Timo

Thanks for the feedback!

bm0p700f wrote:Nivatec d711 d712 or the d771 and d772 can be fojnd in silver. They are cheap and quite reliable. If you want expensive and very reliable then whilte industries or royce for silver hubs.

I´ve considered the D712 but cannot find them with Campagnolo body (which I need because I run a 10 speed drivetrain).

Miller

by Miller

Bdop cycling will supply Novatec hubs with Campag cassette carrier. Never seen them advertise Novatec hubs in silver though.

Another option would be Hope and their new Pro 4 hub. It can be had in silver with Campag body.

Timo

by Timo

I checked Hope's website but did not find the campa version.

BTW, is the issue of cassettes chewing up the aluminium bodies on Tune and King hubs a problem for both Shimano and Campagnolo bodies? I read somewhere that it is only an issue with Shimano bodies but don't know if it was a reliable comment.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Hope Pro 4 are available with a Campagnolo body.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

timo you just ask the seller to swap the body for you. Where is your initiative?

Miller

by Miller

Timo wrote:BTW, is the issue of cassettes chewing up the aluminium bodies on Tune and King hubs a problem for both Shimano and Campagnolo bodies? I read somewhere that it is only an issue with Shimano bodies but don't know if it was a reliable comment.

The Campa spline is quite a bit deeper than the Shimano one, I guess the Shimano one was originally designed only with steel in mind and there's a huge installed base by the time you want to change the design, as they tried to a few years ago then gave up. Upshot is that a Campagnolo alloy freehub has more meat to resist being chewed by the cassette.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

Thanks for the confirmation "Miller"!