SR11 crankset or Rotor 3D30 crankset - which one

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fh8425

by fh8425

I am getting a demo bike from a dealer.

The bike is currently setup with Rotor 3D30 and NoQ chain ring. Personally I prefer the Campy SR 11 crank set.

Need some opinions, pros and cons of both of them ? Should I just take the 3D30 ?

thanks.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

What bike is it? Is the BB designed for a 30mm spindle or do you have to use special teensy bearings to run the Rotor3d30? If it's the latter, then I would definitely say go with the Campy Ultratorque crank. If it's the former, then you could either go with the Campy Overtorque crank with the 30mm spindle or use adaptors to use the Ultratorque crank. Either way, sounds like you're running Campy stuff, and you say you prefer the Campy SR11 cranks. Seems like a no brainer... go Campy. I absolutely think the best performance will be had with the chainrings designed for your drivetrain. Campy with Campy and Shimano with Shimano.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fh8425

by fh8425

an F8 .. dealer says they cant change it so I guess I will sell off the rotor 3d and buy a SR 11 crank set ..

PS : Sorry it could be a 3D 24 or 3D 30 .. dealer not confirm with me yet.

Thanks for your input.

jih

by jih

I don't know if you already have a powermeter, but I have Rotor cranks, plus the InPower power meter left-side crank on an otherwise SR bike. It looks good and very impressed with InPower.

allencanna

by allencanna

rotor and sr eps are both very good cranks.I prefer not to change.

fh8425

by fh8425

jih wrote:I don't know if you already have a powermeter, but I have Rotor cranks, plus the InPower power meter left-side crank on an otherwise SR bike. It looks good and very impressed with InPower.

nah .. no power meter mate ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com