New Evo Hi Mod frame owner- headset/BB30 part # question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

itsreallyjoe

by itsreallyjoe

Hello Gang, LONG time lurker, love the forum. After owning a 2012 Madone 4 that I swapped every component to Zipp or Ultegra/Dura Ace, I finally took the plunge and picked up a 2014 Evo Hi Mod frame set brand new never ridden. Looking to get solid advice on 2 things

I am running Ultegra for the crankset and want a bulletproof bottom bracket, so I don't think the cheapo spacer mod is for me... Is there something less prone to creaking in the approx $100 range or so? I've searched the forum and I see BB30/PF30 discussions and I just don't want to order the wrong item, I turn to you, the experts.

ALSO, I need to pickup the complete headset/expander plug etc etc, what is the cannon dale part #, I THINK it's KP203, just don't wanna come up short on a part number.

I'll get some build pics up once I get started next week, I cannot wait to ride this beauty...

Cheers :wink:
Joe D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chrispino

by chrispino

Praxxis conversion BB for sure

Headset here: http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cannon ... p_356.html

nickf

by nickf

I have had really good luck with hawk racing PF30 bb. I used loctite rc609 retaining compound for installation. No creaks. They have a 24mm PF30 cups also. The full stainless is really nice. Mine have been through plenty of water with no ussues. I'm not sure about the headset part number but I ditched the Cannondale expander for a extralite ultrastar. Simple to use and holds extremely well.

PF30 with 30mm crank
http://www.hawk-racing.com/products/show/17

PF30 with 24mm crank
http://www.hawk-racing.com/products/show/19

stormur

by stormur

chrispino wrote:Praxxis conversion BB for sure

For sure not, specially after recent creaking reports.

Choice depends on budget : cheap & silent : Rotor. Best & silent : C-Bear.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

GT56

by GT56

praxis works fine, as 1) in a PF frame it uses the nylon sleeve, and 2) the drive- and non-driveside are connected

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

GT56 wrote:praxis works fine, as 1) in a PF frame it uses the nylon sleeve, and 2) the drive- and non-driveside are connected

I have the praxis adapter for an ultra torque crank in my evo... No creaks, no problems at all. Obviously, it's not the same crank that you will use, nonetheless, from my experience the praxis stuff is quality.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tinozee

by tinozee

I have same frame, had same question last year, got Praxix kit, 15k miles later it hasn't creaked.