MET Manta/Rivale sizing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had a chance to try on the new MET helmets (Rivale/Manta) yet. Previously MET helmets seemed to come up small. I wear a medium in Giro/Bell but needed a large in a MET Sine Thesis for example. Anyone have any info? Also, they seemed to be quite oval shaped in the past (good for me), still the same?

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

I have new Rivale L 59-62, and it's perfect. My head is 58cm. I have old Met Stradivarius L 58-61, and that is little tight (I can not use it on winter).

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I use an M size for Giro but have to get it tightened all the way, but for my Manta the M is just nice. I do think it is slightly rounded though. I needed an Asian fit Evade (tried the normal one, doesn't work) but for the Manta it's quite ok for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jimborello

by jimborello

Well I have been waiting for those helmets to be delivered for half a year. It seems they are finally shipping. Im expecting to Rivales size M, Ill let you know how they come when they arrive.

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

My head size is 59 cm, oval in shape. A Specialized Evade in medium and a Giro synthe in medium fit perfectly. I bought a Rivale in the large size 59-62cm, and it was way too big. It had a very round shape, and it's design seemed far less refined than the evade. I think helmet makers that want to save money on molds and only have 2 sizes (even though helmets are relatively expensive items) don't offer a proper fit for the majority. For example, if you have a round 57-58cm head, the small rivale may work, but for most people I wouldn't advise getting this helmet.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Roundness of the Manta
uploadfromtaptalk1455146743283.jpg

The harness at the back can't be extended as much as the Evade, and when it can't cup the bottom of my skull properly, the hard plastic on it actually presses onto the skin at an angle. I got rid of the problem by raising it up all the way so that it presses inwards instead of trying to cradle the bottom. The picture here shows it fully extended towards the base.
uploadfromtaptalk1455146902054.jpg

duvivr6

by duvivr6

I own a Rivale in Medium, same size I wore in my Syn-the-sis. My head measures 56.

MET helmets just work for my head, Rivale is super nice.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Great feedback weenies, thanks! I actually have a medium Evade but hate that you can't adjust the straps, so annoying as it kinda squeezes my cheeks. Otherwise the fit is good tho. Sounds like the MET molds have gone quite round, oh well, not for me then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Actually found a M Rivale, it is quite round and is ok side to side but too short front/back fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asc8ic

by asc8ic

If you wear to fit at MET Sine Thesis size L, You need to wear L from any of MET helmets.
I'm wearing MET stradivarious and Manta. and Both size as same.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Winton

by Winton

I wear M in Specialized, Kask, Poc and Bontrager. I got a M Met Rivale and it was in line with those but a little less wide laterally (i.e. temple to temple). However, it withstood my biggest off yet and from a safety standpoint, it is first class.