Brim Brothers Power Meter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

theredmiata

by theredmiata

Just received the email from Brim Brothers, thought some on the board might be interested. Surprised they even got this far....

When you added your name to our pre-order list for a Zone DPMX power meter we promised that you would be offered an opportunity to be among the first to get a Zone. That time has arrived! We are moving into production, and we will deliver our first power meters in May this year. You and many others on our pre-order list have patiently supported and encouraged us as we created the technology for the world's first wearable power meter, so as a 'thank you' we are sending this advance information only to you.

We will open for sales next Thurday 11th February, for shipping to USA, Canada, EU, Australia and New Zealand. Quantities for delivery in May will be limited so you will have to move quickly if you want to be one of the first to receive a Zone DPMX power meter. I will send you another email on Wednesday with full details on how to purchase. Initially, we will send that information only to you and others on the pre-order list to give you priority, but sales will open to others a few hours after launch.

I also want you to be the first to know that we will be offering a single sided version of the power meter, the Zone DPMX Single, with power measurement only on your left shoe. This is in addition to the full two sided Zone DPMX Dual. The new Single version will allow you to try out the Zone DPMX system at an affordable price with the possibility of upgrading to a full two sided system in the future. List prices will be €880 (about $990) for the Zone DPMX Dual, and €440 (about $495) for the Zone DPMX Single, but there will be special prices available for the first block of purchasers. Details next Thursday!

As part of this step forward we will be launching a new website. It won't become public until we open for sales on Wednesday, but as another 'thank you' for your support I want to give you a private preview of the new website. New information there includes details of the Zone DPMX Single, and new videos showing the Zone DPMX in use. Your link and password to the new website is below - please keep this password confidential!

Ian in SD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Nice :)
Using Tapatalk

karmaz

by karmaz

I was almost sold on pre-ordering until I saw the battery life... 15 hours!
No sale :cry:

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

The batteries take no longer than 2 hours to recharge. Since I do not ride 15 hours, it's still in the running for me.

duvivr6

by duvivr6

Looking at the pictures, it would install under your cleat?

Will it add then distance to your cleat/pedal?

Grill

by Grill

Yes they increase stack height. That plus the podcast mounting on too of the shoe makes them worthless from a TT standpoint. Of course, I feel that all these PMs that increase stack height or q-factor are too much compromise for anything other than training.

upacs

by upacs

I don't see the problem with stack height, nothing that cannot be compensated by raising your saddle a couple of milimeters. Q-Factor I get, there's no way to correct.

I hope they succeed, as I really like the idea. If they make it compatible with SPDs it would also be interesting to those that do spinning sessions for training

Grill

by Grill

Increased stack height is less efficient and a higher saddle leads to a higher CdA. Fine if you're training but wouldn't race in that state.

duvivr6

by duvivr6

I disagree that raising stack on a shoe is a small change.

This will not only mess up my fit, with saddle high/bar to saddle drop, ect but not only will it not work with most high level shoes now that everyone is running BOAs.

Dodger747

by Dodger747

Marginal gains at work...

maquisard

by maquisard

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com