GCN pro bike weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DuncanS2

by DuncanS2

Nope, because computer is removable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Ahillock wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
AJS914 wrote:Hey, my heavy Colnago C59 is average in the pro peloton! I'm going to stop worrying about dropping another pound. :-)

I think they were hesitant because it's not information they know or keep track of. Most of those guys are not like us (except maybe Adam Hansen). They don' t spend their time researching the latest, most awesome parts. They don't weight stuff. The team gives them equipment, the mechanics build it and service it. They just have to show up to ride.

I know a guy who almost made it Pro. He was on a high ranking French amateur team. Anyway, their attitude was that they would ride anything that was handed to them. Shimano one day, Campy the next, change pedal system, change saddles, whatever. You just suck up any minor issues you have, don't complain, and get on with the riding. Of course, he wasn't a pro-tour superstar and couldn't call any of the shots in that way.

exactly... shut up and ride. Let your legs do the talking.

^ There are many different reasons for why we are into cycling. Some of the exercise. Some for the enjoyment of being outside in solitude. Others for the competitive racing aspect. So there are some that enjoy tinkering with their bike and having the latest and greatest. Others like to tinker on their bike to make it as aero as possible. Others like to tinker to make it as light and efficient as possible.

There is no right or wrong way to ride. But please don't come on here and make this something it isn't

These are my fav kind of posts lately...... :thumbup:

deek

by deek

What's the rule on what counts for bike weight and what doesn't? I tried looking it up in the rulebook a few days ago and it didn't really clarify.