Integrated handlebar/stem question ??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Allen254

by Allen254

Hey you guys im new here coming from bike forums..

i was wondering , im planning on buying either the pro stealth evo or the ritchey monocurve wcs handlebar/stem combo, but idk if they have garmin mounts for them i think they do for the Pro one but, are there aftermarket ones ??

if you have an integrated stem/bar combo how do you like it ?? which one do you recommend the PRO or the Ritchey ??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

There are always the stem mounts from k-edge if you can't get a proper out front option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lynton

by lynton

An interesting topic.

I am considering which way I go when I update the bars and stem on my Merckx which currently has the Ritchey WCS alloy combo from my previous bike fitted. I bought these back in 2003 and they have seen some heavy use so I think I need to replace them soon.

There are so many options now, do I go for a bar/stem combination and if so do I go alloy bars and stem or should I look at carbon? Personally I like the look and weight of carbon but what is the longevity like?

The other option is to go for a integrated setup in carbon but this raises the question of longevity and also adjustability of the angle the bars are set at. Has anyone with a integrated setup found they regret not being able to adjust the angle of the bars?

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

http://eliflap.it/

sungod

by sungod

lynton wrote:[...]
The other option is to go for a integrated setup in carbon but this raises the question of longevity and also adjustability of the angle the bars are set at. Has anyone with a integrated setup found they regret not being able to adjust the angle of the bars?

longevity should not be an issue, cf is not subject to corrosion/fatigue like alloy parts (though some cf stems/integrated bars may have cf-wrapped alloy parts such as the clamp), as long as they are not overloaded in an accident or damaged in fitting cf integrated bars will last many many years

i have integrated bars (cinelli ram 2, not the lightest, but very stiff which i prefer), before selecting i used my old bars with a stem/spacer combination that would get close to the integrated bar position, it's not identical as the profile of the bars differs, but close enough

when i fitted the integrated i kept some spare steerer so that i had the option to adjust up/down with spacers to get the final position before cutting the steerer to match

if you get bars with internal cable routing, using a nokon/similar system to allow tighter bends may help, btw i had to sleeve the nokon with plastic tubing to avoid rattle inside the bars on rougher roads

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

I have a Pinarello most talon on my F8, I did not think I would like it but I love it. Not ultra light but very stiff. I bought an after market garmin mount and it goes upfront fine.