Integrated handlebar/stem question ??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Allen254

by Allen254

Hey you guys im new here coming from bike forums..

i was wondering , im planning on buying either the pro stealth evo or the ritchey monocurve wcs handlebar/stem combo, but idk if they have garmin mounts for them i think they do for the Pro one but, are there aftermarket ones ??

if you have an integrated stem/bar combo how do you like it ?? which one do you recommend the PRO or the Ritchey ??

sychen

by sychen

There are always the stem mounts from k-edge if you can't get a proper out front option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lynton

by lynton

An interesting topic.

I am considering which way I go when I update the bars and stem on my Merckx which currently has the Ritchey WCS alloy combo from my previous bike fitted. I bought these back in 2003 and they have seen some heavy use so I think I need to replace them soon.

There are so many options now, do I go for a bar/stem combination and if so do I go alloy bars and stem or should I look at carbon? Personally I like the look and weight of carbon but what is the longevity like?

The other option is to go for a integrated setup in carbon but this raises the question of longevity and also adjustability of the angle the bars are set at. Has anyone with a integrated setup found they regret not being able to adjust the angle of the bars?

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

http://eliflap.it/

sungod

by sungod

lynton wrote:[...]
The other option is to go for a integrated setup in carbon but this raises the question of longevity and also adjustability of the angle the bars are set at. Has anyone with a integrated setup found they regret not being able to adjust the angle of the bars?

longevity should not be an issue, cf is not subject to corrosion/fatigue like alloy parts (though some cf stems/integrated bars may have cf-wrapped alloy parts such as the clamp), as long as they are not overloaded in an accident or damaged in fitting cf integrated bars will last many many years

i have integrated bars (cinelli ram 2, not the lightest, but very stiff which i prefer), before selecting i used my old bars with a stem/spacer combination that would get close to the integrated bar position, it's not identical as the profile of the bars differs, but close enough

when i fitted the integrated i kept some spare steerer so that i had the option to adjust up/down with spacers to get the final position before cutting the steerer to match

if you get bars with internal cable routing, using a nokon/similar system to allow tighter bends may help, btw i had to sleeve the nokon with plastic tubing to avoid rattle inside the bars on rougher roads

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

I have a Pinarello most talon on my F8, I did not think I would like it but I love it. Not ultra light but very stiff. I bought an after market garmin mount and it goes upfront fine.