Shut up cables

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

simacu

by simacu

The cluster of cables just in front and below my bars tend to knock each other over bumps and rough surfaces and make a bit of an irritating noise.

This noise is minimal and would probably not bother 9/10 folks, but as I built my bike, it bothers me. At the moment I have some black rubber bands tying the offending cables together, but it's a very inelegant solution, plus they rot pretty quickly and snap.

On my MTB some cable ties do the trick, but that bike has loads of play. My roadie, other the other hand, has been trimmed to the minimum so the solution needs to provide a little play so as not to restrict bar movement.

Are there any nice little hacks/fixes for this?

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric01

by eric01

Jagwire makes a little plastic device that looks like handcuffs. Attach where the wires touch to keep them from knocking each other. I don't know if they are sold individually but they come with their full cable kits
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

Pottsy

by Pottsy

If the cables are long, cut them & tidy up the front end.

simacu

by simacu

Those handcuffs, as you put it, look just the ticket. Cables are already pretty short, bars cannot be rotated all the way round - never saw the need for that mind.

Thanks for the suggestion

sd5500

by sd5500

Looking forward to etap dropping some cables on my ride!