Weight reduction plan for ROSE X-LITE TEAM

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Xico

by Xico

Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep'em coming!

Now, some questions: :mrgreen:

BTP Shifter Clamps: Where can I get one pair?

Chain rings: Do the Praxis rings actually shift better than the SRAM RED rings? How about Extralite OctaRamp RC-2?

Tyres: Vittoria Rubino Pro Speed, Continental Grand Prix TT or Continental Grand Prix Supersonic (all in 23mm)?

Tubes: Currently on Continental Supersonics. Is there a better option for weight and comfort?

GPS Mount: I currently have a Raceware mount. Is the Werking Cycles a better option?

danbjpa

by danbjpa

I think BTP retired his production so the carbon clamps now is hard to find, maybe with someone that want to sell (if lucky). I have but never mounted because I'm afraid it breaks due to 90% of my ride is on the hoods and the roads here is like a moon (but i do not sell - maybe i try in the future).

About chainring, my Praxis weigh 151,44g (not so light) and BOR 137,77g (~15g over claimed). I have 'Easton' chainring (i'm almost sure they are Stronglight CT2 that Easton rebranded on their old and fail EC90 crankset) that weigh 116,55g. All 53x39 bcd 130 sets. I have not mounted yet, so i cannot opine about shifting performance (and i've never use Red) - sorry

For housing, Aican Bungarus for brakes and mini i-links for gears is the lightest combo. + KCNC titanium cables.

Carbonice Starker magnet (0,2g) or Tune Pulsar spoke magnet (0,4g) to replace this stock Mavic magnet
Oh, and I see red valve caps? Throw away and save few grams free. [emoji1]

Sorry my english

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

I have just finished my first week on Rubino Pro Speeds and I'm super impressed. Finally a credible veloflex master replacement! Rode through some real garbage as well- glass, stones etc and no cuts, nicks or punctures.

BTW- shifting on the praxis is amazing, closest I can find to DA.

Xico

by Xico

I might be able to get a used Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate wheelset (in very good shape) for around 900€/1000€.
Is this a good option, or can I get a better wheelset for this price?

Xico

by Xico

These are exactly the wheels I can get for 900€.
According to the owner they run straight, smooth and there's no bearing play. The rear wheel was ridden for 3000Km and there are some signs of wear on the braking surface (4th picture). The front wheel was ridden for 700Km...

Given this, do you consider it a good option, or can/should I get a better wheelset for this price?