Lynskey Factory walk through...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CharlesM

by CharlesM

This was a lot of fun...

There's more experience in this place than in most. The number of years that most of these people have together is pretty incredible relative to most of the industry and virtually all of the US.

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/tech-n-spec/lynskey-factory-tour/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Nice, very interesting & great pics!

Bourquek

by Bourquek

Wow! That is a really cool story. I enjoyed the pics! I have a titanium Planet X bike that was apparently made by Lynskey. It even has several Lynskey decals on it.

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Nice write up and I enjoyed the boatload of pics. Master craftsmanship and its best.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Bourquek wrote:Wow! That is a really cool story. I enjoyed the pics! I have a titanium Planet X bike that was apparently made by Lynskey. It even has several Lynskey decals on it.

They've made (and make) a lot of people's bikes... Always have, even as Litespeed.

spookyload

by spookyload

I got my procross this year. Love it. Had some issues with whoever does their build kits, but the frame rides amazing.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Really great write up! Thanks for sharing
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So great! Thanks Charles!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

duvivr6

by duvivr6

Awesome, I crashed my Lysnkey this last year and have been wanting a replacement. Tried other things but ended up selling them!

This gave me the final push that I needed I'll be back on Lynskey!

eric01

by eric01

Lynskey seems to be able offer "affordable" Ti options compared to other made in the USA operations like Moots, Seven, IF, other "last name" custom builders, etc... Ti frames in the less than $2000 range are usually made in Asia. Any insight as how Lynskey are able to achieve the lower price points? Is it due to volume and scale? Different source of raw materials? Automation?
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

spookyload

by spookyload

eric01 wrote:Lynskey seems to be able offer "affordable" Ti options compared to other made in the USA operations like Moots, Seven, IF, other "last name" custom builders, etc... Ti frames in the less than $2000 range are usually made in Asia. Any insight as how Lynskey are able to achieve the lower price points? Is it due to volume and scale? Different source of raw materials? Automation?

My guess is volume. Moots, Kirk and the other boutique builders sell their name and reputation. They have a value on it, and their customers buy in. If you want to stir the pot, tell a moots owner the material makes the difference, the rest is just a dude welding pipes...then hold on for the ride.

euan

by euan

Moots make a lot less bikes than you think

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I want to like them, but after my dealings with them, forget it.
Speedplay is the devil!

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Yep...I have seen quite a few complaints of them breaking over the years so they have lost their luster to me...

spookyload

by spookyload

Most people who take the time to write reviews are doing it because a product failed. For the thousands of happy customers, the only owners you usually hear from are the ones who were not happy with the product. So product reliability and quality gets judged from those people, and not the ones totally content with their product (not just Lynskey I am talking about here).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com