Identifying a nameless colnago frame*images now added*

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TomColnago

by TomColnago

kgt wrote:Vool but the steel Colnago on the background is still much better. :)

Thanks she's a work in progress as I've been using my c40 for racing. Awaiting the C60 delivery anytime soon :thumbup:

tabmaster

by tabmaster

Okay then, we'll call it a draw!
As I recall, the tubeset used on the dream had master profiled tubes. I could be wrong as its a long time ago. The start tubeset was probably something proprietary for colnago, never saw it on anything else. It's a lovely frame though. I'm very jealous of you Mapei cubes!

Paul.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TomColnago

by TomColnago

tabmaster wrote:Okay then, we'll call it a draw!
As I recall, the tubeset used on the dream had master profiled tubes. I could be wrong as its a long time ago. The start tubeset was probably something proprietary for colnago, never saw it on anything else. It's a lovely frame though. I'm very jealous of you Mapei cubes!

Paul.

Thanks paul , I think it's just one of them bikes that is an oddity, it rides brilliantly and them mapei cubes are certainly a moral booster on a cold winters day :D :thumbup:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Interesting... @TomColnago's bike at least has a straight Colnago Flash fork, which came on the Dream. The fork on the pic of the START frame posted by @Tabmaster is curved with no logos that I can see. Perhaps it is not the original fork? Aside from the early days, and since the introduction of the Precisa steel fork, have there been any "curved" forks on higher end Colnagos, or even lower end ones? I'm not sure and admit to really not paying much attention to the lower end. But I'm curious about this "START" tubing now as I know nothing about it except for what's been posted in this thread.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

tabmaster

by tabmaster

I think that is very obviously not the original fork in the photo I posted. As I remember, the three fork models that colnago had in their range at that time were the prescia steel fork, the street carbon fork and the star carbon fork. Only the carbon frames came with the star carbon fork and the prescia was limited to the steel frames like the master. The street fork probably went on everything else. I don't think any Colnago frames have come with curved forks since the prescia was introduced in the early 90's. It was the first straight 'power' fork on the market I think and I felt they were better than raked blades. I loved my Columbus minimax power forks in the cougar I had then.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

kgt

by kgt

Definitely not an original fork.