Advice on build please

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Looking to buy a Kinesis Aithien and need some help with a few things.
The BB is BB86 and I want to know if an AX Lightness Pelton chainset will fit and if so, which cups etc do i need? I'll be running Campagnolo gears. Anyone any real world reviews of this model chainset?
Also looking at putting an extra light stem on. Is the 6 degree the standard? i.e., I don't want one that points downwards! if that makes sense.
Just checking so I don't order the wrong bits. Hope someone can help...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RussellS

by RussellS

lone wheeler wrote:Also looking at putting an extra light stem on. Is the 6 degree the standard? i.e., I don't want one that points downwards!

+/- 6 degrees is the most common stem angle now. To get a flat, horizontal stem, you really need a -17 degree stem. The -17 stem combined with the 73 headtube angle will get you to 90 degrees. Horizontal with the ground. I doubt you want a -17 degree stem. The +/- 6 degree stem will likely give you all the adjustment you want. +6 if you want the bars higher and that non pro look. -6 if you want the bars a little bit lower and the pro bike look.

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Thank you. That's that sorted, just need a bit of help on the chains but I'm now just thinking of going standard Super Record for the chainset as it's all too confusing and I can simply get the BB86 cups. Just fancied something a little different. Looking at the weights, by the time you factor in chainrings, there isn't that much of a difference.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

THM M3 or FSA K-Force Light BB 386 EVO?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.