New Frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Junior7

by Junior7

Use today orbea orca m30 2013.

I need some advice on what bike I should get. I want comfort, speed, performance, but equally important is overall comfort.

I have 3 options (They are on my preference):

1 - Look 675

2 - Cervelo S3

3 - Cannondale Hi Mod Ultegra

I really would like some opinions, although i'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Junior7

by Junior7

The weight of cannondale is fantastic.

sharkman

by sharkman

Since we know next to nothing of you (size, weight, type off riding) every given answer useless.
All three mentioned framests are good (but nog perfect) and the chances that all three with their different geometry will fit you are small.
They do have someting in common: they are meant for racing so if comfort is you main concern they might not be suited for your needs.

Junior7

by Junior7

More information size: 1,70, weight: 73 kl.

I have been researching the time, the choice will be one of three options.

I would like to have information on who and what you think.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

I like Look because then you can say to your mates "Look at my Look"

I don't like Cervélo because it's harder to type with its accent aigu.

Those are my most important criteria when choosing a bike: Whether or not the brand name can be made into a pun, and how easy it is to type out the brand name.

If you have different needs then I cannot help you.

Spam reply for spam posts/threads.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

A dealer in EU i have spoken to several years always tell me, Look frames are very comfortable and Cervelo are stiffer (in the ride feel).
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Junior7

by Junior7

kkibbler wrote:I like Look because then you can say to your mates "Look at my Look"

I don't like Cervélo because it's harder to type with its accent aigu.

Those are my most important criteria when choosing a bike: Whether or not the brand name can be made into a pun, and how easy it is to type out the brand name.

If you have different needs then I cannot help you.

Spam reply for spam posts/threads.

My preference is for look.

But whenever a major purchase should see similar to think if my decision is correct.

Thanks.

Junior7

by Junior7

wheelsONfire wrote:A dealer in EU i have spoken to several years always tell me, Look frames are very comfortable and Cervelo are stiffer (in the ride feel).

Yes, I have heard it.

So the look would be my first choice, not to mention that I think the most beautiful look for its integrated front.

So a note: Beautiful your bike.

Thanks

Skunkworks

by Skunkworks

In my opinion, there is no reason not to select Cannondale Hi Mode

If you want aero, go to Cervelo.
But if you find some comfort, go to Look and Cannondale.

Look 675 is great frame but it has upper class framesets, 695 and 795.
However Cannondale Hi mode is Cannondale's top notch flagship.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

+1 for Cdale....I haven't ridden a Look, but I have Cervelo and much preferred the Cdale based on perceived power transfer and handling.

Junior7

by Junior7

So far no one has an opinion about the look.

No-one has? Or who has no opinion about it?

53x12

by 53x12

Junior7 wrote:Use today orbea orca m30 2013.

I need some advice on what bike I should get. I want comfort, speed, performance, but equally important is overall comfort.

1 - Look 675

2 - Cervelo S3

Thanks

What is the local price for you? Are they all basically the same for you? Around here the Cannondale is about $450-500 more than the Cervelo S3 (assume you are looking at Ultegra 6800). Not sure about Look as my LBS that use to carry Look stopped.

If I had the option, I would go Cervelo S3. I have owned multiple Cannondale and have owned a Hi Mod. They are nice bikes and good for the money. But the S3 is the much better bike overall. Still comfortable, yet aero. I'd be hard pressed to go traditional round tube road frame nowadays, unless it was something truly special. And the Cannondale isn't that special. If it was my money, I would go Cervelo.

Junior7 wrote:So far no one has an opinion about the look.

Honestly for me, that Look 675 is hideous looking. After one gets over how ugly it looks, one then needs to realize how big of a drop off Look has been since they stopped making the 585 and 595. Those were the last two great frames Look made. Were two of the best frames money could buy when they were still being made. Too bad Look went away from this success and tried being "another as is" and made what everyone else was making. Look just isn't really all that special anymore imo.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

Skunkworks wrote:In my opinion, there is no reason not to select Cannondale Hi Mode

Cervelo S3 has comfort. Throw the same wheels, tires, tire pressure, saddle and bib shorts on and you would be hard pressed (unable) to tell the difference between the two.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Junior7

by Junior7

53x12 wrote:
Junior7 wrote:Use today orbea orca m30 2013.

1 - Look 675

2 - Cervelo S3

Thanks

What is the local price for you? Are they all basically the same for you? Around here the Cannondale is about $450-500 more than the Cervelo S3 (assume you are looking at Ultegra 6800). Not sure about Look as my LBS that use to carry Look stopped.

If I had the option, I would go Cervelo S3. I have owned multiple Cannondale and have owned a Hi Mod. They are nice bikes and good for the money. But the S3 is the much better bike overall. Still comfortable, yet aero. I'd be hard pressed to go traditional round tube road frame nowadays, unless it was something truly special. And the Cannondale isn't that special. If it was my money, I would go Cervelo.

Junior7 wrote:So far no one has an opinion about the look.

Honestly for me, that Look 675 is hideous looking. After one gets over how ugly it looks, one then needs to realize how big of a drop off Look has been since they stopped making the 585 and 595. Those were the last two great frames Look made. Were two of the best frames money could buy when they were still being made. Too bad Look went away from this success and tried being "another as is" and made what everyone else was making. Look just isn't really all that special anymore imo.

The price of the 3 models are almost the same.

Cannondale what pleases me is the low weight.

I appreciate the information, the best so far.

Junior7

by Junior7

53x12 wrote:
Skunkworks wrote:In my opinion, there is no reason not to select Cannondale Hi Mode

Cervelo S3 has comfort. Throw the same wheels, tires, tire pressure, saddle and bib shorts on and you would be hard pressed (unable) to tell the difference between the two.

The cervelo is not my first choice for two reasons:

1. Crankset Rotor
2. And use BBRight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com