Cannondale CAAD10 drives use chainstay dented

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DesmondOng

by DesmondOng

Hi All, I would like to seek your opinion pertaining to my CAAD10 dented chainstay. There are actually 2 dents on my chainstay located on the drive side. The dents occurred while I am making a turn (couple of gravels on the road) and eventually I skid without falling. I brought my bike to my Cannondale dealer for investigation, they suspect that the dent formed was caused by my shoe unclip inward. The heel of my shoe then step on the chain stay and caused the creased. Seriously, the incident happened just split seconds that I didn't even notice my leg was uncleat inward and step on the chainstay at 110kg. As compared both side of the chainstay, the chainstay with dents was actually slightly deformed (flatten) as seen from top view. Cannondale advised me to discard the frame and get a new replacement under crash replacement program. Do you think it is good to replace a new one? My bike just one month old and it was such a waste to replace a new one.

Thanks

RussellS

by RussellS

Need a picture to tell what you are talking about. Big dents and bends and small dents and bends are different. And how close the dent is to the bottom bracket or dropout matter too. But going on no pictures and not really any useful information, if dents are small, not much worry. If big dents, creases, then replace. If dents near bottom bracket, less concern since if chainstay breaks, it will hit front of tire and skidding, broken rear wheel is easier to control. If near dropout, then could get into spokes and cause bigger problems.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pottsy

by Pottsy

Must have been some hit with your heel to dent the stay.

You sure it isn't just the flat section of a save stay?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk