Sworks Tarmac SL4 & Di2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

crashoveroid

by crashoveroid

Hi All

I have just purchased a Sworks SL4 Frame new i have been advised it mechanical only but i have a new Ultegra Di2 groupset in box which i would like to fit.

Can some tell me if it is possible to fit the the Di2 to the frame?

As well i have a power2max Rotor 3d+ crack and want to know what type of BB it would take.

Thanks in advance. I have not received the frame yet so can check anything.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

permaz

by permaz

No problem if di2 is external set. For internal Di2 installation, electric wire for FD and RD should be fitted in wire holes. Anyway, you can do both

itsacarr

by itsacarr

If it's an SL4 di2 should fit just fine inside of it - I ran di2 inside of mine without issue completely internal. Nothing unusual about the routing.

Simply ran the cables into the junction box I had placed in the down tube via the bottom entry under the frame. There should be a plastic cover that came to cover that slot instead of mechanical as well.
Just ride ..

topflightpro

by topflightpro

My wife's 2013 Amira SL4 is set up for internal Di2 cabling - basically the same bike as the Tarmac. But, I believe the battery is still external. If I remember correctly, there is a little plastic cap on the top of the downtube to connect to the battery that mounts under the bottle cage.

climber8

by climber8

you can run full internal wiring on the SL4 tarmacs, including internal battery.