Long Term powermeter reviews.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

I thought along those same lines but wasn't sure the smaller bearings (for the 3D+ crank) would be so good in my BB86 style frameset's so went with a native 24mm shimano spindle (& BB)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

@ergott: P2M+Force22 seems like a very attractive option.
But what happens to the chaincatcher pin behind the crankarm? Do you just remove it and go without ? ...or re-orient the ringgs and leave it on the opposite side ? Not clear from the picture.

thanks.

ergott

by ergott

There's a hole 180deg opposite the chain catcher pin. You pull it out of the ring, pop the plastic plug out of the other hole and push the pin in that hole. Put the plastic plug in the original pin hole and you are done. The inner ring has markings on the inside so you orient it correctly.

Rick

by Rick

Thanks! Sounds easy!

(But P2M shows Sram compatible out of stock right now :cry: )

ergott

by ergott

Funny I jut bought mine and get my friend to buy one too. I wonder what typical stock on hand is like.

motty89

by motty89

I've had a power2max classic rotor 3d+ for nearly 3 years. It's been totally solid and i've had no dropouts. Also bb compatibility is great, i've used it on italian bsa, bb30 and bbright so far with no problems. Having said that as a weightweenie i'm keeping an eye out on 4iiii for a double sided sisl2 pm.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I have a Sram SRM. It's a standard, and at times, I've wanted a compact option as well. I've thought about going Stages with my wife's old Force compact crankset, but now I'm wondering how hard it would be to swap the P2M compact spider for the SRM when I need it?

trilocus

by trilocus

I am riding favero bepro single pedal three monthsand i am very happy with it.

my biggest concerns are:
1) extreme temps: no extreme temps, i was riding in october (36º) and in january (3º) the maximum and minumum temp
2) wet weather: no, very dry winter in Valencia (Spain)
3) reliability: ok compared with the others powermeters that i used, no power spikes
4) 24mm axle (I run BSA): pedal pwoermeter
5) ease of swap and left arm durability moving from bike to bike: yes, the first time will be a little difficult, but the next times very easy

53x12

by 53x12

I have had a great time with my Garmin Vectors. I have owned a SRM wired and a SRM wireless previously. But with multiple bikes with different wheels, drive trains, crank types and sizes, and BB types (BSA, BB30, BBRight) it was a pain to not have power on all of my bikes. The Vectors solved that for me and have been very reliable and dependable. Sold the SRMs and don't miss them.

If you only have one road bike or one set of wheels I could see how another option might work better for you. But based on my situation and what I wanted, the Garmin was what I had been waiting for and has been very solid and dependable. Very happy with it and would buy again.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Rick

by Rick

ergott wrote:Just ordered P2M spider for my Force 22 crankset.

ergott: Did you weigh the final P2M+Force setup ?
Or as an aid in calculation, did you/can you weight the spider removed from the Force 22 crank ?

Thanks.

ergott

by ergott

Rick wrote:
ergott wrote:Just ordered P2M spider for my Force 22 crankset.

ergott: Did you weigh the final P2M+Force setup ?
Or as an aid in calculation, did you/can you weight the spider removed from the Force 22 crank ?

Thanks.

I didn't, but I'm putting another one together soon. I'll weigh that one and post.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Anyone out there running a 4iiii v2?

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk