San Marco saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PLuKE

by PLuKE

I have been looking at the San Marco saddles, the Mantra Carbon FX and Aspide Carbon FX

I currently have a Fizik Antares R3, but I found its not for me, digs into my sit bones after 25-35+ miles

I sit in the middle/front of the saddle. But when the pain gets to much, i shuffle backwards and find the rear of the saddle push's into the sit bone/ bottom bones/

I was told I needed a more rounder shape saddle?

Any advice?

Fiery

by Fiery

The new Mantra will not be that different from the Antares, except for the cutout. The Aspide is narrower and hammock shaped front to back, but is still quite flat side to side. The only truly rounded saddle in the current lineup is the Concor.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Fiery wrote:The new Mantra will not be that different from the Antares, except for the cutout. The Aspide is narrower and hammock shaped front to back, but is still quite flat side to side. The only truly rounded saddle in the current lineup is the Concor.

Thank you.

I am not sure on the advice I was given regarding a rounder shape saddle.

I am looking for advice?

skiezo

by skiezo

Have a look at the Pro Logo line of saddles. They have them separated in three different shape categories. Flat,semi round and round. They have many different widths and shapes to suite any butt.
I love both of mine.

Raineman

by Raineman

If you're finding the saddle is digging into you sit bones then a more rounded shape will let your perineum take more of the load to even things out.

My 2 cents, go to your lbs and see what they recommend. Most shops will let you try saddles for a couple of weeks and if it still doesn't work, go back and try again.

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Thanks.

So San Marco Mantra is rounder?

Will have a look at the Prologo saddles too now.

Luke

Galatzo

by Galatzo

Mantras àre dead flat, had one and went straight back to a concor fx.
Like to try an aspide but think I'd end up back on the concor.

PLuKE

by PLuKE

That's great.

Well like the look, price and weight of that saddle. But maybe it's not for me being flat. It just had the wings rolling over and thought it was a semi round shape.

Luke

Qman

by Qman

The Mantra is flat if you look at the side, but I think PLuKE is looking for a saddle that is rounded when viewed from the rear. The Mantra is a very rounded saddle from the rear.

DrJeffers

by DrJeffers

I swap happily between a San Marco Concor on my 'mid bike' and an Aspide Carbon FX on my best bike. The Concor has rather more curved left-to-right contour at the back end, but the Aspide (narrow version) also works for my narrow sit bones and has a waved front to back contour. The Aspide takes a little more settling in/getting used to, and feels more minimal, but i've done very long rides (130 miles) without any problems. I find both a lot more comfortable than pancake-flat saddles, and they look lovely too! ;)

Lemond75

by Lemond75

Having had similar problems to you, and having tried a multitude of saddles, the best one I've found is an SMP Dynamic. It has a noticeably curved profile which provides more even support for the pelvis and eliminates the hot spots that flatter saddles caused.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com