Cannondale CAAD12 105 complete strip with RAW weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It's red.... well... part of it is. :mrgreen:

I've tried photographing the polished version with my phone (iphone 6), it didn't quite work in the daylight, too shiny, and the camera's sensor failed in showing the frame's quality.
Now that the frame is finished, same issue: the camera is falling far short of where it needs to be to show the frame's result.

Luckily a new camera is on the way - an actual camera this time, since I've been overdue for one - and should be here by Friday if shipping is on time.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Dammit

by Dammit

Slight thread-jack, my apologies if this offends - let me know and I'll delete the post.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dammit

by Dammit

That's a 56cm.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Hey no offense taken, contributions welcome!
I noticed that fork, labelled CAAD12, isn't the same type of fork I got on mine. It's a disc, obviously, but it also doesn't have the integrated crown.
Any plans on removing the paint on yours? And what's the weight for the fork alone?

Dammit

by Dammit

Frame is 1.08kg unpainted, fork is .41kg painted.

I've had both frame and fork painted, finished bike is 7.83kg total weight - pedals and cages included.

I was a little surprised at that final weight tbh, but I guess that's hydraulic disc brakes for you.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

@Dammit - are you going to share pics of the build?

Dammit

by Dammit

I put a few in the "Show us your Dales thread", didn't want to hijack this thread (anymore than I have done already!)

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Just noticed you'd posted those seconds after my post above. Looks great by the way.

polkadot

by polkadot

negaatio wrote:my caad12 with few upgrades:

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1574/26595005015_3e6cc45c3d_o.jpg
[/img]

38mm carbon on novatec should arrive in a week or two. Probably under 8kg with reasonable upgrades.

Which chainrings are those? Looks much better than the original FSA's!

vneilv

by vneilv

Looks awesome, I'm considering getting my CAAD10 stripped once the paint gets chipped and worn.

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

Enjoyed reading all 9 pages. Ahhhh....any update(s)?

tigoose

by tigoose

that was the fastest 9 pages i've ever read. are there any updates?
btw, did the polisher need to take off a fair amount of material due to what appeared a blasted finish to get it to the polished state?

etek72

by etek72

I think 18 LBS is really good considering the Synapse 105 Carbon weighs about the same. I think this thread should be called " I am the biggest weight weenie on this earth and I am so anal about ridiculous crap that really doesn't matter". My last bike was 27 LBS and I can't tell the difference. Seriously why did you even buy the bike in the first place?? WOW

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I bought this bike because I wanted an aluminum frame among my 'stable' of bikes. the CAAD series is a good one, and the 12 has a nice weight to it. I think it rides well. I'll also admit that I prefer its aesthetics/shape over the other options on the market at a similar weight. The only issue(s) that I have to contend with are the proprietary/strange things like the diameter of seatpost, BB30A (wtf cannondale?) and so on.

The new build has pretty much everything ready to go in order to do a proper build thread on it except for a special seatpost combo that I ordered from Berk - the first one got lost in the mail, the second one had a delay in production and now there will be a delay in receiving because I'll be traveling for almost a month. I say this as I eye the super-custom stem/handlebar combo that Cryptic/Kevin made for me... it's über sexy. Mmmmmm....

Anyway, y'all may have to wait another month. Sorry. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

On-topic because of the photos, but completely off-topic because it has next to nothing to do with the rest of the tear down (which is much appreciated)...

What digital scale do you have that you're using in the photos and do you have a link to it online? I've been looking for a new scale that will do 0.1g and that isn't too small. That scale looked great and ticked all of the boxes.