Cannondale CAAD12 105 complete strip with RAW weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jeffy

by jeffy

prendrefeu wrote:Here's the bike, as delivered. No adjustments were made, no fitting done.

Surprised you havn't ridden it. Especially considering that your bike shop set it up to your exact bike fit specification. How rude!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

The chrome looks amazing but I saw some black chrome the other day on a car and it was beyond amazing.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Dannondale - I contacted the importer yesterday and he confirmed the non-disc version is due in early May. The disc version has arrived in the UK, so due to ship them next week onto retailers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT56

by GT56

Dannondale wrote:Does anyone know why the release of the CAAD12 frames in the UK have been delayed so many times now? I was first told February then the middle of February then a week later then I was told April 8th, then I phone in to be told they will be in may 5th, I lost confidence in them ever coming and cancelled my order and bought a full build which is such a waste as I will be stripping it down to fit SRAM Force groupset.

I'm just confused did the slow boat sink or get hijacked? is my pre-ordered frame now a hostage in Somalia?

doesn't it always take a bit longer for the RHD versions to hit the stores ? :)

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Dannondale wrote:Why not run a thomson seatpost only 180 grams and look great imo

Thomson seatposts are very stiff, with minimal flex. Forget about vertical compliance.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

BmanX wrote:The chrome looks amazing but I saw some black chrome the other day on a car and it was beyond amazing.

Too true.
I'm a bit overdue on setting up a build thread for this one (hopefully will get to it sometime this weekend? I've been crazy busy lately).

As for this frame, let's just say:
-I had a ride in an all chrome BMW on PCH at sunset a long time ago. The sun was not only right in our eyes, it also reflected off the hood and it got a little ridiculous. I tend to ride long hours from dawn to dusk when doing the ultra rides, and I don't like the idea of the sun reflecting back into my face from any angle.
-The chrome-like high-polish finish on this frame was just a method to achieve a certain effect without a weight gain of actual chrome pc (basically saving a layer of p.c.) - but what was done on top of that finish turned out exactly how I want it. Think "red is faster"

Black chrome is sick. I mean, seriously sick. There's another aluminum frame build which is on hold right now, too many other things going on. But this remains the inspiration for that one:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Stockie

by Stockie

i stripped my Cervélo SLT last year and first wanted to polish it. But i decided to just brush it with a scotch bright pad and give it a little polish from time to time and spray it with Boeshield T9 to protect it. I have zero maintenance to do and the result turned out very good i think.

I Will make the leap

Shogunade

by Shogunade

Started out as a great thread...what happened?

euan

by euan

You'll find an update two posts above yours

Dannondale

by Dannondale

Got my caad12 the other day, its a hefty 9kg with pedals, time to go to work, as its a disc bike i'll be happy to get it under 8kg.

DavidMLee

by DavidMLee

This is jaw-droppingly good information.

Kudos for your effort.
Legend HT 9.5 RED 22
Colnago C60 Super Record
S-Works Tarmac 2016 eTap
S-Works Tarmac 2015 DA
Cervelo R3 2015 UT
Cervelo S2 2014 UT
Spesh Venge Elite 105

negaatio

by negaatio

my caad12 with few upgrades:

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1574/26595005015_3e6cc45c3d_o.jpg
[/img]

38mm carbon on novatec should arrive in a week or two. Probably under 8kg with reasonable upgrades.

optV

by optV

Any updates??

natefontaine

by natefontaine

Was thinking the same thing today... photoshoot scheduled?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

How about a teaser on the frame finishing?