Cannondale CAAD12 105 complete strip with RAW weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

:thumbup: is all I can say
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

jeffy

by jeffy

can that polish/shine be preserved please.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Xico

by Xico

:thumbup:

Skylark

by Skylark

You guys would consider reserving judgement for the full build at least. The frame might look good to you as it stands if only it was an ornament of some sort.
It isn't an ornament if the author actually plans on building it up. :popcorn:

Derf

by Derf

prendrefeu wrote:Downtube as it nears the bottom bracket triangulates on the bottom side and flattens out on the top side, where the water bottle cages would be.
Similar to what happens on the (Cervelo) S5.

This was less defined with the paintjob, but a bit clearer and more obvious without it.

Is this the case with the downtube on a CAAD10 ?

Definitely not a feature of my CAAD9, but sounds 99% structural, not so much aero (but buys back a lot of the "lost" stiffness of a narrow downtube on a S5). Definitely lets you have a much bigger weld seam, and more torsional moment of inertia at the BB (stiffness) while maintaining good bottle clearance. Lovely things you can do with hydroformed aluminum!

That is some beautiful work. I'm partial to brushed raw metal, but am looking forward to the next steps.

mythical

by mythical

Man, is this finish awesome! :beerchug: prendrefeu, who did this for you and what's happening next to this frame? Any changes in weight?

If it were mine, i'd make some masks for the decals, sandblast it to make matte logo's and have it anodized where Chris King does there stuff.

It also deserves a bigger picture on here! :wink:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Looks fantastic. That deserves an equally polished SiSL2. Any thoughts on fork finish, if any?

If it was mine: Polished post, stem and bars (deep, classic, with black cinelli cork tape) Campagnolo Athena, WI T11 hubs to some nice shiny shallow tub rims. Maybe add a little paint to the mix, a green fade like the CAAD10 Track and match in the fork.

I'll not lie. When I moved house, I found a gallon of nasty, evil, 1970's paint stripper in the garage. It's singing a song in harmony with my CAAD10.

Liggero

by Liggero

great job! looking forward for the end result.

Are you gonna go for the SRAM american marketing with bad engineering and low weight, or Japanese precision with weight penalty? Perhaps over priced italian?
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

very nice work, I personally don't like these anti-slooping classic frame geo, I find them too classic and ugly, too little seatpost out. But that's just me, it's an awesome frame, and will look awesome.
Happy Trails !!!

KC

by KC

Damn! That reminds me of the polished six13 someone did a while back. About the best looking bike I have ever seen. I know this will end up as nice or nicer. I have an older 12.7 lb caad7 that is anodized and the frame is about the same weight as you have here. Beautiful work !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PSM

by PSM

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Pref - have you made a decision on the seat post? Looking myself and Weight/price wise the hylix on ebay looks the best bet. I was going to get the carbon save post from Cannondale but the listed weights look rubbish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

That Hylix one certainly looks like the best price & weight option for the odd 25.4 size. At 400mm and 131g it could probably be tuned down to around 110g with a simple cutting, and if you want to get more advanced probably down to 100g at 300mm, which isn't bad at all.

For myself I've been unable to find a UD finish seatpost in this size, so I'm probably going with either Berk or SMUD for an integrated. I haven't decided which one however, both have saddles that I find incredibly comfortable. Next weekend I'll be using my current Berk saddle on a 200mi jaunt, so I'll know for sure if it's the one to get integrated.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Many thanks - UD would be my preference as well. Just not a lot of choice and don't really want to sink too much money into it.

Looking forward to some more pictures....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffy

by jeffy

UD finish in 25.4. Don't know if the logos come off

http://www.7hundred.co.uk/36277/product ... -grey.aspx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com