Cannondale CAAD12 105 complete strip with RAW weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

FSA = boat anchor
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ourmanflint

by ourmanflint

Great thread. I bought a Hylix Seatpost for my Synapse 131g claimed weight. Not much that is lighter than that

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hylix-Carbon-Seatpost-25-4-400MM-131g-for-Cannondale-Synapse-Fit-7-9-Rails-/291702903767

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Ordered yesterday - now the long wait for the caad12 frameset and the potentially longer wait for the seatpost - hopefully they arrive about the same time. Must admit, find it quite odd UK distributor doesn't supply with a seatpost given the marketing about 'system weights'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dannondale

by Dannondale

Why not run a thomson seatpost only 180 grams and look great imo

Multebear

by Multebear

Looks amazing Prendrefeu, and deserves a repost on this page as well. Why not keep it like this? Why do you want to cover that polished look with paint/anodizing?

tmr5555

by tmr5555

A chrome Coloured fork to match?

jeffy

by jeffy

Can the black finish (anodising?) be blasted off cannondale cranks & SpideRing?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The Cannondale cranks (SiSL and SiSL2) are anodized black. This can be removed with oven cleaner or simply polished off (although oven cleaner then polish would be a better method). If you want to re-anodize them some Ano service companies may reject it because two haves of the crank are essentially 'glued' together, others will take it anyway. It's mostly out of fear that the acids in the process will destroy the bond... Perhaps in some cases or some methods this may happen, but in common anodizing the acid used will not harm the bond.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

tmr5555 wrote:A chrome Coloured fork to match?

No... although I thought about it. The fork, after 3 months of waiting ( :!: ) finally arrives today. The frame at this moment looks different from what is pictured in this thread, although I did take pictures of it after polish and before "phase 1" of the design. Now that the fork will arrive I can finally start the build thread for this, although it will be a slow build... some parts are still on order/waiting for delivery, some parts will need to be custom ordered post-fitting, and I have some more tuning to do on components. :lol:

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Cannot wait to see a build thread on this!! Looking forward to seeing your component choices

etownfwd

by etownfwd

Good God, Prend, that pic of the polished frame has me wiping drool off my keyboard! I can't wait to see how great each step of this build is gonna be. :popcorn:

-efwd

bally81

by bally81

PSM wrote:I want one.

Me too

itsFREAKINawesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Caad 10
Bianchi EV3
Canyon Speedmax AL

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Damn, P-dawg.....that is FINE

CAAD997

by CAAD997

Keep the updates coming!

You have more patience than I do ..... I started a new CAAD build myself and just picked up the frame from the painter only to find that they had messed it up. However, I have just decided to build it & ride it this year and use someone else for paint next winter. Who knows, I might even anodize it after I see yours completed.
Two wheelers rock!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dannondale

by Dannondale

Does anyone know why the release of the CAAD12 frames in the UK have been delayed so many times now? I was first told February then the middle of February then a week later then I was told April 8th, then I phone in to be told they will be in may 5th, I lost confidence in them ever coming and cancelled my order and bought a full build which is such a waste as I will be stripping it down to fit SRAM Force groupset.

I'm just confused did the slow boat sink or get hijacked? is my pre-ordered frame now a hostage in Somalia?