Help yoke and cradle compatibility with ISP topper mod...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xntrickly

by xntrickly

Hello.

Giant Propel Advanced sl aint' so sl with a 163 gram topper. Pictured below you'll see some modifications that have reduced this 30 grams (or more by the time I trim some bolts). The topper is dual positioned from the factory and I have eliminated that by boring down into the topper cradle dead center. The OEM one piece yoke is set up for dual position. I have cradles from Thompson elite (20 g) as well as from a 3T post (15 gram) and these are a bit longer but the problem is that the OEM one piece yoke won't clamp directly above the cradle area. I need either a different idea as to how to clamp down onto the cradle with different yoke(s) or a different bottom cradle that is longer and supports the entire length of the rail. I don't want to break the carbon rails on my Selle San Marco Carbon fx so need the yoke to be directly over the cradle when tightening. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I recall a carbon cradle that was solid and had complete support the entire length of the rail it was in contact with but for the life of me can not find it.

Thanks in advance.

[url]Image[/url]

[url][Image/url]

My really fast midget Giant Propel Advanced SL viewtopic.php?f=10&t=132773&hilit=advanced+sl+propel

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xntrickly

by xntrickly

xntrickly wrote:Hello.

Giant Propel Advanced sl aint' so sl with a 163 gram topper. Pictured below you'll see some modifications that have reduced this 30 grams (or more by the time I trim some bolts). The topper is dual positioned from the factory and I have eliminated that by boring down into the topper cradle dead center. The OEM one piece yoke is set up for dual position. I have cradles from Thompson elite (20 g) as well as from a 3T post (15 gram) and these are a bit longer but the problem is that the OEM one piece yoke won't clamp directly above the cradle area. I need either a different idea as to how to clamp down onto the cradle with different yoke(s) or a different bottom cradle that is longer and supports the entire length of the rail. I don't want to break the carbon rails on my Selle San Marco Carbon fx so need the yoke to be directly over the cradle when tightening. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I recall a carbon cradle that was solid and had complete support the entire length of the rail it was in contact with but for the life of me can not find it.

Thanks in advance.

[url]Image[/url]

[url][Image/url]

Perhaps someone can send me in the direction of ordering a custom top or bottom clamp? Just wanting to make sure that the lower and upper clamp closes on the rails directly above each other....

Thanks.
My really fast midget Giant Propel Advanced SL viewtopic.php?f=10&t=132773&hilit=advanced+sl+propel