Mavic Ksyrium Pro Exalith or Campagnolo Shamal Mille?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

upside wrote:Why don't you give the Campy Bora One's a good look. They have everything you are looking for and Starbike has the best prices. I picked up a pair after extensive research and absolutely love them. This is the first time now in 12+ years I now stopped looking at other wheels.. it just doesn't get any better. I running Schwalbe Pro One tubeless... fast..

Bora ones are almost twice the cost of my budget, I would love to have one but not atm and not for this build. Browsing Starbike I saw that the Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon wheelset is the same price of the Mille and Mavic, now I'm also considering this wheel too :)

roadhog44

by roadhog44

mariovalentim wrote:
roadhog44 wrote:I went with the Milles..check my posts for my build Helium/eps thread.
Campag hubs way more durable and MUCH better and less draggy freehub! Think the Mavic surface treatment is better dialled but I'd rather have the Shamals and wear marks...they'll still brake as well!!

does your brake track surface treatment faded too?

no

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

finner

by finner

Browsing Starbike I saw that the Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon wheelset is the same price of the Mille and Mavic, now I'm also considering this wheel
These look nice but can't see any reviews as they are pretty new. I don't think they are the cup and cone hub, which would be nice.

racersir

by racersir

I have the Fulcrum Zero Nite they have faded in spots in the brake pad area, but overall happy with the wheels. Riding in bad weather is what usually hurts the black brake track because of all the debris end up in your pads and your basically kind of sanding off the brake track, that's the problem with Nites and the Shamals. I have a friend with Ksyrium Exalith same thing happen. So don't expect and aluminum wheels to stay black forever

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

yeah, In the end I went with the Fulcrum Carbon, can't argue with a $900 great brand, 40mm, wide, carbon wheelset :)

garlet

by garlet

I think Campagnolo Shamal Mille is worst wheelset. Mille's black rim is easy to be scraped.

hagi

by hagi

Did anyone purchase the Campagnolo Shamal Mille, and if yes, how have they been?
In the market soon and trying to decide between Shamal Mille and Pro Exalith to replace Ksyrium Pro SLs

Ebruner

by Ebruner

I have 5000 miles on a set of Campagnolo Shamal Mille wheels. No wear in the surface treatment at all. Love them. More stopping power dry and wet than my regular Shamal wheel sets.

-Eddie

uraqt

by uraqt

You should look at these too

https://www.dtswiss.com/Wheels/Road-Whe ... DICUT-OXiC

They have a similar process on the rims.

C

Wookski

by Wookski

Mavic = horrid hubs and overall shitty brand
Fulcrum = best parts of campag without looking like a jackass riding Shimagnolo

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

In case you haven't this thread viewtopic.php?t=131819
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

hagi

by hagi

mpulsiv wrote:In case you haven't this thread viewtopic.php?t=131819

Thanks, had seen some of it. And some photos elsewhere of a Shamal Mille with uneven wear. Have also seen some reports of no issues so guessing it's down to luck, weather and how much cleaning you do after rides.